Matildas, Asian Champions.

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Spirit of Santos
Bronze

Matildas, Asian Champions.

Post by Spirit of Santos »

Seeing the news that the Australian women's football side had won the Asian Cup got me and my friend talking about woman's sports.

Specifically the subject of the best looking female National team. His position was the Matildas were the hottest, I pointed out that he was wrong, clearly it was the Netball side that had the hottest babes ever to pull on the green and gold. He acknowledged that this was the case, but said that you had to allow for the fact that Netball is a sport designed for birds therefore offcourse they're going to have the more attractive feminine types. His arguement was that the Matildas deserve a handicap as they're playing a unisex sport better suited to men.

Another conclusion we reached along these lines is that you have to take into account their competition in their respective sports. For example the Australian Netball team isn't head and shoulders above other Netball teams in terms of hotness. England and South Africa go pretty well, while NZ wear black which is obviously flattering.

However compare the Matildas to their competition and they really do stand out. Obliviously the hottest team in Asia no question. But they're even significantly hotter then teams from countries that are known for hot women like Brazil. Most of the Brazilian woman's football team look like Rivaldo, or the type of transsexuals that Ronaldo would go for.

So in the end we agreed that based on this criteria the Madilads are definitely deserving of the title hottest female Australian national sports team.

beastjim
Gold

Re: Matildas, Asian Champions.

Post by beastjim »

For me its all about Ellyse Perry to be honest.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Most elite female australian athletes have thighs and quads big enough to snap your knob off. See: Australian cycling team.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Looks aside, a lot of sports don't hold up when you watch the women play. E.g. cricket and the rugby codes. Basketball and soccer, I find, are good to watch when women play.

Congratulations to the Matildas and to ABC2 for broadcasting it.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Jeffles wrote:Looks aside, a lot of sports don't hold up when you watch the women play. E.g. cricket and the rugby codes. Basketball and soccer, I find, are good to watch when women play.
I've been to a few women's soccer games and they're a weird mix of chuckling at their lack of basic skill (the keepers flap at almost every cross) and genuine sporting enjoyment. Terrific value for money.