AFL Dreamteam 2010 - Austadiums League

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
beastjim
Gold

Re: AFL Dreamteam 2010 - Austadiums League

Post by beastjim »

Egan wrote:Whats the bet it becomes like all Austadiums Tipping/Dream Team League. Everybody loses interest after 3-4 weeks.
I only have the one team which is in a couple of comps, so my interest should stay true, although not to the fanantical pouring over stats level, others may be in the same boat, plenty of others will lose interest however. I predict about half will stop doing anything before the end.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

So who is actually who?

I am Spring Hill Tigers.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Bayern Lunchen.

My starting line up so far is going pretty well. Spewing I had Selwood captain and Stanton VC. Hunt is farken gone within 3 weeks if he doesn't pick up.

Waz
Silver

Post by Waz »

Wazwegians. At least 3-4 of my starting lineup won't even be playing this round because I'm so in tune with all things AFL.

deejaybee
Silver

Post by deejaybee »

North of the Yarra.
I watch essendon a lot, but can't for the life of me put faces to names...thought Courtney Dempsey was another player...:S

timmers
Bronze
Location: Sydney's Hills, where public transport doesn't exist

Post by timmers »

Bloodstainedangels.

A few injuries so far haven't helped my round 1 score, shouldn't be too awful though

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

So far this is the first round 1 where my team hasn't gotted smashed injury wise. Although I have now jinxed it surely.

Possibly regreting putting the money down on Dustin Martin when Todd Banfield sounds the goods at 50k less.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

timmers wrote:Bloodstainedangels.

A few injuries so far haven't helped my round 1 score, shouldn't be too awful though
Looking at your team (kicking mine's arse), you nearly nailed every single rookie selection from the get go.

timmers
Bronze

Post by timmers »

yob wrote:
timmers wrote:Bloodstainedangels.

Looking at your team (kicking mine's arse), you nearly nailed every single rookie selection from the get go.
Well I'm quite happy so far. I am in another league where my 2040 this week was 7th best so the pressure is on!

timmers
Bronze

Post by timmers »

Seriously, we can't allow Dimwit to be top of our league.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Not good enough Midget Massacre.

But he has The Club and Myself (Spring Hill Tigers) over the next two rounds, so hopefully one of us can knock him off. BTW I hate the Bluepers for having a bloody hot round in round 5 against me, and I would have beaten you in round 4 and 6, ya bastard. I hope drug tests were performed.

EDIT: Anyone still in Eliminator?

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

Yeah I had a sh*t week. Messed around getting Ablett into my team and the pricks rest him.....and my emergency (Dustin Martin) doesn't bloody play either.

Bloody Vlad.

timmers
Bronze

Post by timmers »

My bloodstainedangels are still going strong in eliminator, I may be in a bit of trouble with rucks this week though. Hille may get a couple of weeks in the coach's box for his bump.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Rob wrote:Yeah I had a sh*t week. Messed around getting Ablett into my team and the pricks rest him.....and my emergency (Dustin Martin) doesn't bloody play either.

Bloody Vlad.
Yep, everyone got wasted by the Ablett decision.

I had a tough week. I pulled 2 crappy trades to avoid donuts - I dropped Martin to JKT to bag about $140k, and changed Patrick Injurefield for Buddy. Yes, donut free. Then bang, Ablett out - in addition to Boyd who is still out but parked on my bench to round out the $1 million I have parked in 2 bench spots. #$%^ ! Stil managed 1850 odd and I'm alive in Eliminator, and even with that crap score I only dropped 5k spots out of 266k, so obviously everyone is hurting bad.

Dangerfield, is this guy for real? Nearly does a knee in preseason, nearly does a hammy in round one, nearly breaks his neck against Melbourne, runs in to a f***ing goalpost against Footscray, then breaks a wrist. Argh!!!

And I lost my nerve with Robbie Gray's hamstrings and traded him out, then he goes and smashes out a 120! Luckily Podsiadly is more than holding his spot for the money I paid.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

How's everyone's draw in the eliminator? I've done the stats on my rival and his players combined average about 50 less than mine. Could come down to captains and who he trades (he needs to with suspensions).