AFL Dreamteam 2010 - Austadiums League

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
beastjim
Gold

Re: AFL Dreamteam 2010 - Austadiums League

Post by beastjim »

Barlow :evil:

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Had bench cover for Barlow so no problems. How long is he out for?

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Slight hamstring strain, so hopefully not too long. I thankfully had cover as well. Still with Trengrove being rested it made for a leaner weak.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

A freaking dreamteam draw, their should be extra time or something.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

That draw was freaking bullshit. How many tackles does Champion miss?

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Probably depends on your definition of a tackle, pretty subjective thing.

I was going to say your lucky that I didn't have Goddard play, but of course you had him in as well. Did you have one of your bench defence players as an emergency? If you did, lucky draw, because all of my bench bar 1 midfielder didn't play :lol:

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

beastjim wrote:Probably depends on your definition of a tackle, pretty subjective thing.

I was going to say your lucky that I didn't have Goddard play, but of course you had him in as well. Did you have one of your bench defence players as an emergency? If you did, lucky draw, because all of my bench bar 1 midfielder didn't play :lol:
I had both bench backs playing, but Roberton as the emergency. Of course, he was emergency the week he gets 40 instead of the week before when he gets about 100. Doesn't matter, subject to injury/reports I'll be doing JKT to Koby Stevens and Roberton to Scotland and finally be able to put Hunt on the bench where I can actually have reliable bench cover going forward.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Good news, Dimwit was knocked out of the finals in the first week.

timmers
Bronze
Location: Sydney's Hills, where public transport doesn't exist

Post by timmers »

So the whole season comes down to the final game of the home and away season. Pretty simple, boomer needs <77 for the angels to get up. Come on Melbourne, do me proud with a solid tag.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

timmers wrote:So the whole season comes down to the final game of the home and away season. Pretty simple, boomer needs <77 for the angels to get up. Come on Melbourne, do me proud with a solid tag.
Unlucky. Congratulations The Doma'nators :smokin:

I was in a Grand final in two other competitions. Only had 3 players in defense play all weekend :evil: .

Also a smaller Congrats to WVMAN FC picking up the Plate trophy.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

THE INTRODUCTION of a bye into the AFL fixture, and its subsequent extension to 24 rounds, means a host of changes have been made to the Dream Team competition for 2011, although private leagues will again consist of 16 sides.

A group of designers, led by Peter Jankulovski, have been reshaping Dream Team, which next year celebrates its 10th anniversary.

Their biggest challenge has been making sure the fantasy competition remains fair in the five rounds when three AFL clubs have the bye.

To cope with this, the head-to-head matches in private leagues will begin in round one rather than round four, as has happened in the past.

This allows for head-to-head matches to be suspended when more than one AFL club has the weekend off.

Under the new system, private leagues will play 15 rounds, have five general byes, and play finals between rounds 21 and 24.

"But it is important to note that the overall competition will play out over the entire 24 rounds," Jankulovski told afl.com.au.

"Plus there might be a surprise or two."

Other confirmed innovations include an increase in squad sizes and the number of trades allowed.

"All sorts of options and feedback from fans have been considered, and the community has been incredibly vocal with some great suggestions," Jankulovski added.

"Some of the suggestions included more trades, different ways of trading, extended teams and varying line-ups and other special trading considerations."

KEY CHANGES TO DREAM TEAM FOR 2011
- Squad sizes increased from 30 players to 33. This allows for an extra defender, midfielder and forward on the bench. The larger squad is designed to help cover for when players are unavailable due to their club having the bye.

- Given the salary cap will rise only in accordance with the real one under which the AFL clubs operate, player prices will be lowered overall to reflect the need to fit 33 players under the cap rather than 30.

- An additional four trades made available for the season (taking total trades to 24), with the limit of two per round to remain.

- Head-to-head matches start in round one and are suspended during the five rounds when three AFL clubs have a bye.

- Stronger link between social media and Dream Team. Coaches can look forward to direct Facebook and Twitter integration. They will also be able to interact with their social networks and friends directly from the competition.

- Player research and team management tools will be vastly improved
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Interesting way of restructuring dream team. Still going to have to be more lucky I feel.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

One thing the bye does do is kill off the "all StK/Geel players" strategy.