NRL 2010

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
yob
Platinum

Re: NRL 2010

Post by yob »

My crowd prediction was off by 6 and I'll find the no show nuclear fukn family that did it to me.

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

how cool was that under-20s final?

HoldenV8
Silver

Post by HoldenV8 »

No game was cool yesterday. Manly were not involved.....

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Like the AFL the best team for the year won. Well done.

Cheesie, how was Melbourne?

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

Post by Cheesie-the-Pirate »

Jeffles wrote:Cheesie, how was Melbourne?
Lesson learned. Must keep first weekend in October free.

Was an interesting way of watching the GF.

Was in a country pub in Mansfield, Victoria that was kind enough to put it on for me. WIN cut straight to the news at the conclusion of the game which was a bit dissapointing, but enjoyed it none the less.

So yes. Saints. Bloody awesome. I knew at half time that if we scored first we'd win, and we did. For a nervous watcher like me I was suprisingly confident at half time really - typical Bennett grind and the fact that the Roosters couldn't turn their possession into points showed me that we would be able to pull through in the second half. I love that four out of six halves of finals football this year we haven't conceded a point. I love that Ben Hornby gets to be a premiership captain. I love Dean and Craig's embrace on the field. Bennett and Doust. I hate that people like Stoney didn't get to be there but love that Smith got to watch. I love this bullshit about boring football.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Ha. It's not boring for the winners.

Yeah the Roosters were disappointing in that first half. I thought STGI did some dreadful things, gifting the Roosters with a real chance but with it only being 8-6 at half time, the Saints would not have panicked.

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

Jeffles wrote:Ha. It's not boring for the winners.

Yeah the Roosters were disappointing in that first half. I thought STGI did some dreadful things, gifting the Roosters with a real chance but with it only being 8-6 at half time, the Saints would not have panicked.

Your last point is exactly why they're Premiers. They almost never panicked in any game all year. As long as they were at least in the hunt at half-time they had such confidence they could finish better than anyone else. Which proved to be true.

I've always wondered what effect the coach has on a team and both the Dragons and Roosters are examples of how influential the coach is (or can be). Fittler was just abysmal as a coach - I don't think anyone can pretend otherwise now. In one year Smith almost pulled off a last to first feat. Getting Carney helped, but the team was not that much different from last year. And the Dragons arguably had a more talented team when Nathan Brown was coach, but he was unable to get the best out of them. It's only taken two years for Wayne Bennett to get a Premiership from a highly competent, but (I reckon) less talented team. Whatever the Dragons are paying Bennet he's worth every cent...

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Question for the sydney siders. Do all the St George Bank branches there have big 'GO U SAINTS' murals in the shop window? I was surprised to see that on the Q-Town branch.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Who the hell goes to branches anymore?

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Jeffles wrote:Who the hell goes to branches anymore?
People who cop the 'refund by company cheque only' from the customer service centres of excellence - car dealers, storage companies and realtors.

HoldenV8
Silver

Post by HoldenV8 »

Jeffles wrote:Who the hell goes to branches anymore?
In the words of Dr. Sheldon Cooper, "I could do all this online, I come here for the service". Some people still value that rather than a blinking ATM or your own computer screen.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

I love that show.

Haven't seen a St George Bank branch so I don't know if they were decorated. My guess is they were. They get everything! Went for a run at Iron Cove today and saw seven people in STGI merchandise.

HoldenV8
Silver

Post by HoldenV8 »

Enjoy it while it lasts Jeffles old son. Manly will be back better than ever in 2011. We lose Perry, Hodkinson & Farrar but get back the Stewart & the Wolfman. The Dragons are beatable, even at their best. At our best we won a grand final 40-0 over a so-called "illegal" team.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Apparently no women have been harmed in the latest rugby league sex scandal.

nobleoz
Gold

Post by nobleoz »

so the dog wasn't a bitch, then?