AFL 2010

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
yob
Platinum

Re: AFL 2010

Post by yob »

gyfox wrote:Interesting that the nett take that North want is about $0.5M a game less than they wanted a couple of months ago.
It's the North Melbourne style of bargaining. Overstate your claim, meet them half way then fall to your knees.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

LOL, I've seen the photos buddy...

Definitely not what dimwit wants...

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

definitely no alleged about it

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

Post by Cheesie-the-Pirate »

Needs more canine?

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

Note the :wink: after my comment.

Seriously though, you just gotta laugh at the Saints. Hopeless.

Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

Post by Adelaide_United_Red »

cam wrote:Note the :wink: after my comment.

Seriously though, you just gotta laugh at the Saints. Hopeless.
Why limit it just to the Aints though, all footballers = hopeless. Gotta love the classic Dimwit PR tactic "ignore the horse" well after it has bolted.
e.g:AFLEN-> directed not to talk about the issue and despite the names of the footballers being 'out there' AFLEN won't name names:)
doesn't this happen every summer? footy is over until March, but the media remains desperate for AFL stories, so 'every little fart, burp & mis-step is reported on like it is watergate. This is a pretty big c*ck-up(pun intended) by Riewoldt, Zac Dawson and Del Santo(names printed in Herald Sun), but I wonder if anything will happen to the girl**who's realeased them? will she be afforded the same Lefty-hand-wringing that Julian Assange has received?

**Melbourne is full of footy sluts, you'd think footballers would be clued in by now?

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

We're pretty much all blokes on this forum. Now seriously, how many of you get your knob out in front of your mates in a non-shower-at-the-gym context? Bizzare beyond belief how footballers of all codes are willing to whip it out in all manner of contexts.

What's more bizzare is if you are to believe that the images were stolen from a teammate's computer/phone. Who the hell keeps these images of a teammate?

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

When will these players learn that once you sign a contract with a professional football team (regardless of the code) you become public property. Yes, it's unfair, but if you don't like it don't play professional football.

In this digital age, if you're going to have photos taken of you and you are a public figure the photos will get out. It's inevitable. To expect anything else is just being stupid and naive.The girl has clearly been treated badly by a player (or players and possibly the club) and now she's out for revenge. Can't say I blame her... What's a grown man doing getting a 17 year old school girl pregnant anyway?

Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

Post by Adelaide_United_Red »

Jeffles wrote:We're pretty much all blokes on this forum. Now seriously, how many of you get your knob out in front of your mates in a non-shower-at-the-gym context? Bizzare beyond belief how footballers of all codes are willing to whip it out in all manner of contexts.

What's more bizzare is if you are to believe that the images were stolen from a teammate's computer/phone. Who the hell keeps these images of a teammate?
You raise a great point. I spent 15 years in the Navy and in the mess decks(showers and heads) I had the unfortunates to see men naked(lets face it, we're just ugly creatures esp. with no clothes on!) but the rule was: eyes above the horizon..get into and out of the showers quick...towel off and get your overalls back on quick smart...no one wants to see that sh*t! Of course every mess deck has the self appointed gym-junkie-adonis who struts around showing off his gym crafted body:( That bloke would get the sh*t paid out on him mercilessly, but no one took pictures..WTF is wrong with footballers? the bad person in me wants to say sucked in you self important wankers, but there are questions that need to be asked here and answers that need to be given(but of course won't be)

As a fan we've all joked that the reason player A 'must' still be in the team is because he 'must' have naked pictures of the coach or captain on his computer, I wonder how close to the mark we were?

bizarre in the extreme:(

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

The more I read about this the more I am just flabbergasted by the attitudes of all the football people involved:

St Kilda CEO: ''[Nick Reiwoldt] is an upstanding guy, he has got a fine reputation, he has worked incredibly hard at both the AFL level and throughout the community to build that reputation. For someone to come along and take a cheap shot like this, I think is incredibly damaging.''
If he was such an upstanding guy, why was he posing for naked pictures? The CEO claims the photo was taken by a team-mate. So you have the "upstanding" captain posing for naked photos for a team-mate? WTF?!?!?!?

AFL Players Association CEO: ''We look up to AFL players. We shouldn't have players exposed to a lack of protection.''
Maybe if the players themselves showed the slightest bit of self-control and behaved themselves in an appropriate manner I might take this statement seriously. And what lack of protection are you talking about? We don't all have the resources of a football club to draw upon to clean up out messes... Or do you actually mean, 'we want the right to behave in a totally outrageous manner, but not suffer the consequences'?

AFLPA statement: ''Players are outraged at the gross invasion of privacy committed today. They are sick and tired of being seen as 'fair game' by some in the community."
How can you be outraged at the gross invasion of privacy when you are posing for the photos?!?! Geez... And the reality is (whether you like it or not or think its fair or not), THAT'S THE WAY IT IS FOR PROFESSIONAL SPORTS PEOPLE. If you don't like it, go and get a real job like the rest of us.

broncos
Silver

Post by broncos »

I've only read the report on News.com.au so I might have missed something, but I have massive doubts that these pictures have been obtained illegally. Is she the next Julian Assange, or a teenage girl who's got it on with multiple St Kilda players? I think the latter option is a lot more likely.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Boba Fett wrote:The more I read about this the more I am just flabbergasted by the attitudes of all the football people involved:

St Kilda CEO: ''[Nick Reiwoldt] is an upstanding guy, he has got a fine reputation, he has worked incredibly hard at both the AFL level and throughout the community to build that reputation. For someone to come along and take a cheap shot like this, I think is incredibly damaging.''
If he was such an upstanding guy, why was he posing for naked pictures? The CEO claims the photo was taken by a team-mate. So you have the "upstanding" captain posing for naked photos for a team-mate? WTF?!?!?!?
Maybe by upstanding guy he means Nick had a stiffy.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

I'm waiting for Nines to pop in and tell us all how many of the AFL players all over the world do this.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Has anyone seen a picture of the girl, is she worth it? Or am I the only one thinking about that....

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

beastjim wrote:Has anyone seen a picture of the girl, is she worth it? Or am I the only one thinking about that....
You're not the only one thinking about that.