Commonwealth Games better off due to Australian Football

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote:Its a substantial development the whole AK Reserve development. Force training fields, Athletics, and more indoor stadia facilities.

Will hold World Athletics meets. Not simply just a track...
How big is the stadium ?

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Have a look at it when you go past Challenge Stadium. I put photos up from the WA Today website as well...It's right next door to Challenge.

Building an indoor training venue for WA Netball as well. This was money delivered by the previous government.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Nines wrote: I know it's hard to believe that a government would waste money like that .
I know that's it's hard to get through your rectangular anti AFL head .
Governments waste lots of money in my view. I happen to believe that bringing something like the Empire/Commonwealth Games is not a waste of money. I believe it is just as valid to spend money on that as it is for any other cultural/sporting facility.

I am not in the slightest anti AFL. Sure I stir people about aerial ping pong and Victorians and others who believe that their sport is supreme over all other human activity, but I am not anti Australian football. It has a valid place in Australian culture. It is popular in the so called "southern states" and has a minor place in NSW and Qld which account for 55% of Australia's population.

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote:Have a look
I've seen the website photo .
How many would you say the stand holds ?
It appears 10 rows deep .

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

gyfox wrote:Governments waste lots of money in my view.
You sound as if you are condoning waste not preventing .
gyfox wrote:I happen to believe that bringing something like the Empire/Commonwealth Games is not a waste of money.
Definately not a waste of money .
However the Perry Lakes stadium was a waste of money .
Re-sited or slightly enlarged it would have been the basis of a great stadium .
gyfox wrote:I believe it is just as valid to spend money on that as it is for any other cultural/sporting facilities
Of course it is valid and the best use of government money produces the best benefits .We're talking about the best use of that money pie .
The biggest cost by far is stadium costs .
Perry Lakes stadium could have been a more useful stadium .
If Subiaco had been built according to the original plan it wouldn't need rebuilding now .
If Subiaco didn't need rebuilding now then getting rectangular stadiums would be easier .

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Nines wrote:
gyfox wrote:I happen to believe that bringing something like the Empire/Commonwealth Games is not a waste of money.
Definately not a waste of money .
However the Perry Lakes stadium was a waste of money .
You can't have your cake and eat it too. Perth couldn't have held the Empire Games without the stadium so if having the Games wasn't a waste of money then the stadium wasn't a waste of money.
gyfox wrote:I believe it is just as valid to spend money on that as it is for any other cultural/sporting facilities
Of course it is valid and the best use of government money produces the best benefits .We're talking about the best use of that money pie .
The biggest cost by far is stadium costs .
Perry Lakes stadium could have been a more useful stadium . So use as a football stadium is more useful than use as an athletics stadium. That seems like bias to me.

If Subiaco had been built according to the original plan it wouldn't need rebuilding now . So why didn't they build it to the original plan?
If Subiaco didn't need rebuilding now then getting rectangular stadiums would be easier . Remember that stadiums only have a design life of 50 years so if Subiaco had been built to the "original plan" in 1961 it would need to have been completely rebuilt by 2011...

I think you need to learn that the world, even Perth, doesn't revolve around AFL. Infrastructure decisions don't have to be made with the view to benefiting AFL. No sport is more important than another but some need bigger subsidies by Government. Live with it.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Its Nines, he has no biases, no conflict of interests. Despite being employed by the AFL...

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

gyfox wrote:I think you need to learn .....
That a complete and utter moran could have inproved the return on a major expenditure , the major expenditure being the stadium component , the stadium whose facilities where never again majorly used and now have been replaced due to neglect by a minor sstructure .

Those possible simple improvements being .
Better location - so some sport could use it .
Enlargeing the field size so Australian football could utilise the field .
Develope some other existing ground for the betterment of that sport .

I think you need to learn that even a complete and utter moran must make make Infrastructure decisions on a cost benefit/ ratio .

I think you need to learn that when the major sports at the time have minimal infrastructture spending on them that you'd have to be a complete and utter moran not to address that fact especially when those major sports could return costs .

I think you need to learn that that you'd be a moron to say no sport is more important than another .So WC soccer and WC rugby is no bigger than ice hockey so we should be building ice hockey stadiums in every population above 100k .Let's build a boutique stadium for the new WS AFL side in Sydney because ANZ stadium is too big , just because gyfux says we don't have to justify any sporting infrastucture costs anymore .

:roll:

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Nines wrote:
gyfox wrote:I think you need to learn .....
That a complete and utter moran could have inproved the return on a major expenditure , the major expenditure being the stadium component , the stadium whose facilities where never again majorly used and now have been replaced due to neglect by a minor sstructure .

Those possible simple improvements being .
Better location - so some sport could use it .
Enlargeing the field size so Australian football could utilise the field .
Develope some other existing ground for the betterment of that sport .

I think you need to learn that even a complete and utter moran must make make Infrastructure decisions on a cost benefit/ ratio .

I think you need to learn that when the major sports at the time have minimal infrastructture spending on them that you'd have to be a complete and utter moran not to address that fact especially when those major sports could return costs .

I think you need to learn that that you'd be a moron to say no sport is more important than another .So WC soccer and WC rugby is no bigger than ice hockey so we should be building ice hockey stadiums in every population above 100k .Let's build a boutique stadium for the new WS AFL side in Sydney because ANZ stadium is too big , just because gyfux says we don't have to justify any sporting infrastucture costs anymore .

:roll:

As far as I am concerned you have gone past nines and I have counted you out at 10.

You do a disservice to the game you purport to extol. AFL is far worse off for having you as a supporter.
Last edited by gyfox on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

The funny thing is Nines, the AFL did ask for a smaller stadium than ANZ Stadium :lol:

So you disagreed with the AFL's desire to reshape the showgrounds in Sydney, rather using ANZ Stadium?

If so we have progress :lol:

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Gyfox, he is not only a supporter he works for the Fremantle Dockers in some capacity.

Yet he believes he doesn't have a conflict of interest :lol:

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote:The funny thing is Nines, the AFL did ask for a smaller stadium than ANZ Stadium
According to gyfux it's justified .

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

I'm asking you whether you thought it was a stupid policy, not Gyfox. I am able to have proper conversations with Gyfox, I can't with you.

Nines, its getting to the stage where I think everyone will just ignore everything you say until you have told us your role with the AFL.

Until then I will no longer respond to anything you post as I think it is a waste of time responding someone with a vested interest in protecting their code.

This is not what this forum is about. So go and tell your employees the AFL to go and troll another forum. People will continue to voice their own opinions and not manipulated by someone with a conflict of interest.

However if you mention it I will respond to your posts.

Your choice Nines...

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Nines wrote:
Egan wrote:The funny thing is Nines, the AFL did ask for a smaller stadium than ANZ Stadium
According to gyfux it's justified .

If only you could read and write English and put a cogent argument together you might be worth listening too... But unfortunately for you and all of us on here you can't.

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote:Gyfox, he is not only a supporter he works for the Fremantle Dockers in some capacity.

Yet he believes he doesn't have a conflict of interest
Little boy , go and ask your father to explain the word slander .

Then ask your father to explain to you the hypocrite especially in the relation to personal attacks .

If you want me to leave just cut the crap . simple .

:(