Cricket is better off because of Australian Football

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

deejaybee wrote:Mate, what you are referring to? .
You just said there was no doubt cricket that had benefited from the involvment of Australian Football .

It's a bit difficult to have a serious discussion if people apparently retract their statements like Egan who apparently unconditionally agreed that cricket had benefited from the involvment of Australian Football but now now conditionally agrees that cricket had benefited from the involvment of Australian Football .

If you cannot see that cricket has benefited from the involvment of Australian Football . Then the answer would be NO .
The degree of benefit is irrelevant whilst there's disagreement .

deejaybee
Silver

Post by deejaybee »

It's just a stupid statement.

While I say yes, that cricket has had benefit from Australian Football; the only front I agree with is the facilities from the revenue generated by the MCC from the AFL's use.
But there is little logic to say that the money raised is being directly used in cricket.
You could just as easily say that the SCG Trust has benefited from Rugby League and Union as well as Football by having the SFS if you were arguing that way. But the link isn't strong enough to say that the game of Cricket has directly benefited from this.

The laws of cricket have not been affected by Aussie-Rules in any way. So if that's what you mean by that statement, then I would say no.

That's the ambiguity in your statement.

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

deejaybee wrote: While I say yes, that cricket has had benefit from Australian Football.
That's all that was a required .
deejaybee wrote: the only front I agree with is the facilities from the revenue generated by the MCC from the AFL's use.
Quite obviously there was some benefit from Australian Football to cricket in your opinion .I specifically didn't mention the MCC but obviously it was implied .I specifically didn't mention the AFL .

Now if only Egan could agree .

:D

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

Nines wrote:
deejaybee wrote: While I say yes, that cricket has had benefit from Australian Football.
That's all that was a required .
deejaybee wrote: the only front I agree with is the facilities from the revenue generated by the MCC from the AFL's use.
Quite obviously there was some benefit from Australian Football to cricket in your opinion .I specifically didn't mention the MCC but obviously it was implied .I specifically didn't mention the AFL .

Now if only Egan could agree .

:D
what, will you get the gate to open, snatch the magic crystal and save the princess?

i don't think you quite get the point of these places.

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

dibo wrote:i don't think you quite get the point of these places.
I beg to differ .

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

Nines wrote:
dibo wrote:i don't think you quite get the point of these places.
I beg to differ .

QED.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

I'm sure we would have no problem agreeing that Australian Football has benefited from Cricket. :)

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

:roll:

I see Nines doesn't understand that there would be no Aussie Rules without Cricket allowing them to use their venues...

But he doesn't know anything about history, so it is not surprising. Nines go back into your hole...

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote: I see Nines doesn't understand that there would be no Aussie Rules without Cricket allowing them to use their venues...

But he doesn't know anything about history, so it is not surprising. Nines go back into your hole...
Your're a real blast . You cannot agree to a simple statement like " cricket has benefited from the involvment of Australian Football ."
yet continue to make that the most ridiculous rants .
Egan - it makes you look silly son . Cheer up and get a life .

, :D

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

I've had enough of this Cheesie

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Simmo79 wrote:I've had enough of this Cheesie
:lol:

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Nines wrote:
Your're a real blast . You cannot agree to a simple statement like " cricket has benefited from the involvment of Australian Football ."
yet continue to make that the most ridiculous rants .
Egan - it makes you look silly son . Cheer up and get a life .

, :D
Hey Nines, I am about to bump up one of your thread specialties on this forum. What's happening in International Australian Rules at the moment?

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote:Hey Nines, I am about to bump up one of your thread specialties on this forum. What's happening in International Australian Rules at the moment?
A lot is happening with Australian Football overseas and overseas Australian Football players in australia at the moment .

But why ask me ?
There are a number of good sites you can visit .
Or do you just want an informal summary ?

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Nines wrote: Your're a real blast . You cannot agree to a simple statement like " cricket has benefited from the involvment of Australian Football ."
You've had plenty of time . There's been plenty of input but you still can't bring yourself to agree with this simple statement without your pride adding some condition .

:cry:

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Nines wrote:
Nines wrote: Your're a real blast . You cannot agree to a simple statement like " cricket has benefited from the involvment of Australian Football ."
You've had plenty of time . There's been plenty of input but you still can't bring yourself to agree with this simple statement without your pride adding some condition .

:cry:
I was reading the reports on here of the games in the US. I know they are a year or so old but it is interesting that Aussie Rules was piggy backing on purpose constructed cricket grounds over there. :wink: