trots in melbourne on the move(again)

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
tailz
Bronze

trots in melbourne on the move(again)

Post by tailz »

does anyone know anything about the trots been rerelocated to the showgrounds. i heard something about it but wanting confirmation and details. also does anyone know when the showgrounds upgrade begins, i know they've erected a temporary pavillion but what else is going to happen?

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

Yeah I remember hearing that, but im not sure if it's going to happen. I personally think it should stay at Mooney Valley. Or at least they should have the summer races at the Valley as they attract massive crowds. I remember seeing a plan of the new showgrounds arena. It has two new identicle stands on either side, with one level of seating and maybe hold about 6-8,000 each. I think the Melbourne Knights Soccer Club should relocate to the new showgrounds arena as Knights Stadium is old and they are looking to get out of there in the near future anyway, it's very close to public transport (where knights stadium is no where near it), and its on the same side of town as their supporter base. So I reckon it would be perfect. Not sure when the redevelopment is due to begin.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Good idea about the Knights relocating there. It is set to be a nice ground when the Showground is completed. As you said it is close to transport and it is still to the West of the city which is Knights "turf".

I love Moonee Valley. I went there for the 2001 Cox Plate. The trotting track looked really good then too.