ING Cup

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
cam
Gold

ING Cup

Post by cam »

I personally take a great interest in the world's leading domestic 1-day competition - the ING Cup. It would be great if more people got behind the competition and attended the matches. This season, there are many more day/night matches in an attempt to attract larger crowds. I was delighted to see that 9,132 fans attended the QLD v WA match last Friday night at the GABBA. That's a great effort, lets hope we see more of it. The average crowds vary heaps, but I'd say it's about 3-4,000 per game.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

I'm a big Blues fan. I go to every ING game they play at the SCG and North Sydney. I've been disappointed by this year's crowds for the Blues thus far. Only 3700 at North Sydney and 2580 v Victoria yesterday. North Sydney used to get 7000 minimum for one dayers. I remember a 1 dayer v Victoria about 5 yrs ago. All the national reps were there and they got 17000 to NSO.

If you've ever seen a NSW match at the SCG you would know it takes a decent crowd to attract atmosphere. I think NSW shouyld take their games on the road more. And this year they are, which is very good to see. Other states should follow suit playing in country areas.

The ING Cup is the best cricket comp in the world. It is more even than Pura Cup in my opinion. GO THE BLUES!!!!!

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

The comp is very interesting this year, 5672 went to the WACA last night to watch the Warriors vs the Tigers which i think was pritty good considering their was a semi final in the world cup of hockey between Argentina and Australia at Bentley just down the road.

Seeing the highlight reels of the NSW vs England game at the SCG it looked like their was a good crowd there and the fact there was alot of support for Steve Waugh, i think this is whats keeping him in the team unlike Taylor who had huge pressure to go, the public don't want this legend of the game to retire yet and a World Cup vitory next year would put a very well earned feather in his cap.

joel

Post by joel »

The official crowd was just under 15,000 at the SCG last night. It didn't look like there were many at the MCG d/n match on the same night.