AFL website

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
tailz
Bronze

AFL website

Post by tailz »

what a joke. you actually have to pay to subscribe to look at videos etc. it's bad enough the prices they charge you to go watch games these days, but having to pay to view things on their website geez. i thought it would be interesting to view their videos of the old football grounds, but when i realised i had to pay for i thought blow it. i'd rather just go visit em for nothing then pay to see them on a screen if i really wanted to see them. feel free to bitch about the afl as you want, cause as far as i'm concerned, they're ruining the game.

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

Yeah it's annoying that we have to pay to view streaming video, however being in the www industry, I know how much it costs to stream video - it's quite expensive. However saying that, the NRL website offers every game from this season and last season to be viewed free of charge. And both sites are managed by Telstra. Im not sure how much $$$ the AFL makes on the site, but I imagine it would be a fair bit. I know Hawthorn made $200,000 from their website this season.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

It is unfortunate that they charge so much. The AFL website could otherwise be a more valuable resource for kids and newcomers if they didn't charge. But further, I don't like the layout of the AFL website. A bit on the ugly/comlex side for me. I think that the Aussie cricket website does it for me (and maybe the NRL too).