Proposed Craven Cottage Redevelopment.

Chat about stadiums in New Zealand and all around the world!
Jeffles
Platinum

Proposed Craven Cottage Redevelopment.

Post by Jeffles »

http://www.fulhamfcstadium.com/

It's pretty hard not to like this. Excellent use of space, opening up the Riverside Walk and increasing capacity. Hope it gets up.

Simmo79
Platinum

Re: Proposed Craven Cottage Redevelopment.

Post by Simmo79 »

I like it

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Top Redevelopment!

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

Many good things here, probably the best opening up the river and reducing congestion on Stevenage Road before/after the match. It's a nightmare if you're in the Hammersmith End and need to get to Putney afterwards.
Having to keep the Stevenage Road stand will always be a massive constraint. It's possibly the most uncomfortable stand I've been in, old wooden seats with no legroom. But they can't do anything with it due to it being GradeII* listed.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

^^ The Stevenage Road Stand will only be a constraint if Fulham need to expand after the Riverside development. They've been able to get away with it before because they had other parts of the ground to turn to. It's hard to imagine Fulham stepping up to the next level in support (the Spurs/West Ham level) that would warrant further capacity but stranger things have happened. You'd think then they'd move to another site.

Interesting the suggestion that listing also mean restricting the kind of seats you can put in? Seems odd. In Oz, the SCG installed bucket seats in the Member and Ladies Stand.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

It's a nice design but I'll be really impressed if they can get Multiplex to build it half price.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Still waiting. Fulham in a relegation dog fight this year won't help things.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/stadium-develop ... chitecture

I really love how this stadium is evolving. Over the last decade they have expanded in increments, they don't lose capacity as they go, and they cottage is still there! At the moment it looks strange as it pokes its head over the corner, but as time goes and the stadium grows I'm eager to see how they can integrate the cottage further in to the modern stadium.

Australians: please learn from this model. If you start small and build as you go you're richer over the long haul.

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

It's a really lovely design.