2011 Coricket World Cup

Chat about stadiums in New Zealand and all around the world!
Boba Fett
Silver

2011 Coricket World Cup

Post by Boba Fett »

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 5984657676
Is anyone the slightest bit surprised?

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

Re: 2011 Coricket World Cup

Post by Cheesie-the-Pirate »

Move it to Eden Park.

bazza
Silver

Post by bazza »

I liked this bit in the article
But it threatens to be a replay of Delhi's recent Commonwealth Games, which instead of marking the arrival of a new, modern India on the world stage became a national embarrassment of delays, shoddy works and alleged corruption.
so was that everyone's impression of the Commonwealth Games?

My impression was that before hand everyone was told it was going to be a disaster - but during the games everything went ok. The main issue was small crowds

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Hopefully the team we send to the Coricket world cup will perform better then the team we send to the Cricket world cup.

timmers
Bronze
Location: Sydney's Hills, where public transport doesn't exist

Post by timmers »

I'm in Mumbai at the moment, I went to Wankhede Stadium a few weeks ago and walked straight into the construction site. As soon as I pulled out a camera they quickly got rid of me, but I was surprised at how easy it was to get inside.

Wankhede is actually looking pretty good. You get a good view of it from the trainline which runs next to it and I think it will be ready.

My experience so far is that India is a place where things happen. They don't go according to plan or without distress, but they do happen. They are really pumping up the World Cup over here, so I think it will be a pretty good tournament