Where do you prefer a video screen to be located?

Chat about stadiums in New Zealand and all around the world!

Where do you prefer a video screen to be located in a stadium?

Corner/s of stadium eg: Emirates Stadium, Stadium Aus, Docklands
42%
Behind goals at the ends (attached to stands) eg: Wembley, Suncorp
25%
Centre of arena eg: Basketball Arenas, Veltins-Arena, Commerzbank-Arena
8%
Behind goals, but part of/attached to roof structure eg: White Hart Lane, Allianz arena, etc
17%
Littley scoreboards here and there eg: Old Trafford (manU)
8%
None Whatsoever
No votes

Total votes: 12

deejaybee
Silver

Where do you prefer a video screen to be located?

Post by deejaybee »

Idea occurred to me after some doodling/avoiding study.

Thoughts?

timmers
Bronze
Location: Sydney's Hills, where public transport doesn't exist

Post by timmers »

I think this obviously depends on the type of stadium. If it is a modern/symmetrical type stadium then I think that probably screens in the corners are probably the best. I do like having information screens and video screens rather than the two mixed into one. I have always liked the setup at Homebush.

But my vote for the 'here, there and everywhere' positioning is because I like grounds with a variety of stands and was thinking of the SCG as a good example of video screen positioning. I also like the small information screens there - especially for cricket games.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

We can't all have them in stadiums hung from the ceiling in the middle like they do in arenas but I have alway been a fan of that.

At other grounds it depends on what else is there. I don't like how Parra have the scoreboard at one end and the screen at the other but I'm not opposed to them being apart. I do like that at Homebush Bay they are near each other.

jacobhalls
Bronze

Post by jacobhalls »

I like the scoreboard to be seperate of the video screen its much better that way, but they should be realtively close, unlike Parra. The set up at ANZ Stadium is great. I also like it at OT with only scoreboards - the idea is your their to watch it live, not on a video screen you can watch it like that at home.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

I would prefer every seat to have an airline style flip up screen....sweet.

Then i would also have somewhere to rest my beer.

These days i reckon a stadium could put up a phone number which could give all 3G mobiles in the local vacinity of the ground, the video replay feed, as all the major phone companies have base stations at the grounds to cope with the big numbers...just so crazy it may work.....(NOTE. Thats a copyright crow idea that one! ill set it up for a cut of advertising fees.)

I prefer the line board type which just simplifies the info Aus-6 - NZ 0 kind of thing they are big and easy to read for the info, after all you are there to watch the game.

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

Obviously the roof is the best spot where possible - it's not going to obstruct any seats or take away space for seats.

Otherwise you want it where the worst seats are, normally in corners or at the ends of the stadium. Preferably in an undercover spot as well - the biggest screen at Subi not only is in the open, it's directly opposite the sun. Can be bloody hard to see on a sunny day.

deejaybee
Silver

Post by deejaybee »

I'm a fan of White Hart Lane's set-up personally. Have to visit it someday to see its effectiveness.

The crow, there is a similar device to that in Formula One at the moment.
It's called Kangaroo TV...apparently it is expensive though.
http://www.kangaroo.tv/

However, replays of incidents/clashes can be really entertaining and add to a stadiums' atmosphere.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Kangaroo TV and Sports Ears for voice....you need to hire / buy the gear...these days with 3G everyone can get access to local broadcasts