A-LEAGUE launch: "New Football"

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
yob
Platinum

Re: A-LEAGUE launch: "New Football"

Post by yob »

Thank god we're back to the norm of every man and his dog insisting he's a nice lefty and secretly voting Liberal.

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

I'm a lefty. I'm not nice though. And I've never voted Liberal.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Children Overboard had me voting Labor once. Felt a little bit like dancing with my sister.

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

Egan wrote:Less than 4000 tickets have been sold for the game at NIB...
I'm surprised it's that many. Malaga? They may as well be playing Inglewood United as far as fan appeal goes.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Malaga 5 Adelaide 1.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Rob wrote:
I'm surprised it's that many. Malaga? They may as well be playing Inglewood United as far as fan appeal goes.
I don't think being Malaga was a problem. It's a la liga side. The fixture's branding is more la liga than it is Malaga. Spanish football is a different game - it's high flair, very selfish, and less predictable than english and australian football moving a midfielder around pretending not to be english. Malaga won't mean sh*t to Joe Average but it's not a tough sell for a football market. We've got a whole lot more latent football support to chew through before we ever need to outright chase Joe Average.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

I just came across this post on another forum.
Administrators want what we all want, freedom. However they cannot be free if they are reliant on Joe public to fund they're existence, as little Joe's interest in a product changes according to numerous factors such as competition, economy and poor management decisions. Therefore administrators seeking freedom must look to the ever strong corporate dollar, the revolving door that is sponsorship and kickback coin that doesn't dry up, only diminishes irrespective of the paying public. Then they can make important decisions as they please for years on end without reprisal.

But this bubble will burst, and when it does you will find yourself back at the feet of the very mob you snubbed in your quest for independent prosperity. Pandering to their every need in order to squeeze the piddling funds they have to offer, just in a bid to minimise the losses you have generated. A monkey with a tin cup, whoring itself for shekels from passers by. Begging them not to light flares and smokies
Does anyone know where this type of thinking amongst football fans comes from? Does it have something to do with the "Stand against modern football" movement and if so do you know of a link that explains their philosophy or do they just wing it?

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

gyfox wrote:I just came across this post on another forum.
Administrators want what we all want, freedom. However they cannot be free if they are reliant on Joe public to fund they're existence, as little Joe's interest in a product changes according to numerous factors such as competition, economy and poor management decisions. Therefore administrators seeking freedom must look to the ever strong corporate dollar, the revolving door that is sponsorship and kickback coin that doesn't dry up, only diminishes irrespective of the paying public. Then they can make important decisions as they please for years on end without reprisal.

But this bubble will burst, and when it does you will find yourself back at the feet of the very mob you snubbed in your quest for independent prosperity. Pandering to their every need in order to squeeze the piddling funds they have to offer, just in a bid to minimise the losses you have generated. A monkey with a tin cup, whoring itself for shekels from passers by. Begging them not to light flares and smokies
Does anyone know where this type of thinking amongst football fans comes from? Does it have something to do with the "Stand against modern football" movement and if so do you know of a link that explains their philosophy or do they just wing it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_complex

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

yob wrote:
Rob wrote:
I don't think being Malaga was a problem. It's a la liga side. The fixture's branding is more la liga than it is Malaga. Spanish football is a different game - it's high flair, very selfish, and less predictable than english and australian football moving a midfielder around pretending not to be english. Malaga won't mean sh*t to Joe Average but it's not a tough sell for a football market. We've got a whole lot more latent football support to chew through before we ever need to outright chase Joe Average.

And generally in Perth, the football market is boycotting games because the game is being run into the ground by a nutcase...

Having to give free tickets away now...

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

First evening of live FFA Cup coverage and I'm smitten

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Love it! A touch over 1,500 for Broadmeadows v Strikers.

Make it round of 64 next year fukn

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Not the highest standard of footy, but the drama of 4 concurrent knock-out games does the trick.

Also, Fox Sports jumping from the completed Broadmeadows - Strikers game in Newcastle to the penalty shoot-out in Melbourne was a great idea

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

Magic of the cup, motherfuckers! How good was that?

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

The cup's a day old and it's already clear as fukn day the fans want this.

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

You might want to get the fans to watch it then, because f**k all did on Fox.