NRL 2012

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Jeffles
Platinum

NRL 2012

Post by Jeffles »

Thought I'd start off the topic. Two developments today. First, the NRL have reverted to the top 8 system the ARL used in 1995 and 1996, which the AFL have used since 2000. Second, the latest Bon Jovi video is out.

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/2 ... fault.aspx

Who does he think he is with that nasal intro? Fran Drescher?

bazza
Silver

Re: NRL 2012

Post by bazza »

Jeffles wrote:Thought I'd start off the topic. Two developments today. First, the NRL have reverted to the top 8 system the ARL used in 1995 and 1996, which the AFL have used since 2000.
I look forward to August/September when people start saying how the McIntyre system was better

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

What shits me is ho people say they used to like the old top five but they like the McIntyre 8. The 1995-96 top 8 was most analagous to the top five because the finalists were split into top and bottom halves. In the 5, 1,2 and 3 had the second chance guaranteed. 4 and 5 had sudden death all the way.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Noticed that the Rabbits are only about 1k members behind the Swans. Good to see the NRL clubs doing more with their most important resource

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

I personally hope Newcastle has a bad year. I don't think I can put up with another year of the "Wayne Bennett - Darius Boyd" love-in in the media.

In other membership news, WT close to selling out their first Leichhardt oval game in the "members only" stage of ticket sales. Only after an SMH report have they set aside some tickets for Sharks members. WT CEO Steven Humphreys was in the paper saying future games might be locked out to non-members AND they might sell ONE GAME memberships - even though they already have Leichhardt only memberships (and C-Town too). A one game membership? FFS.

bazza
Silver

Post by bazza »

I have zero game membership of Parramatta

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

Jeffles wrote:I personally hope Newcastle has a bad year. I don't think I can put up with another year of the "Wayne Bennett - Darius Boyd" love-in in the media.

In other membership news, WT close to selling out their first Leichhardt oval game in the "members only" stage of ticket sales. Only after an SMH report have they set aside some tickets for Sharks members. WT CEO Steven Humphreys was in the paper saying future games might be locked out to non-members AND they might sell ONE GAME memberships - even though they already have Leichhardt only memberships (and C-Town too). A one game membership? FFS.
It's all secure revenue for the club - good luck to them.

St James
Bronze

Post by St James »

bazza wrote:I have zero game membership of Parramatta
Me too.

Jeffles, the bigger news from last week is that KB won't be available any more at Jets games.
I was horrified at the announcement.

St James

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

It's November news. Shattered. A sh*t beer but it sells.

I thought about a zero game membership for Penrith but it comes with lots of stuff I liked when I was 18 (flags, lanyard, poster, cap etc) that I've grown out of. At my peak I reckon I owned nine Penrith Panthers caps! At the same time! WTF for?

Anyway, my NSW Cup commitments and working 50km away means I cannot get to every home game. Sometimes I can make as little as three in a year. My best bets are Sundays and maybe a Friday night after work. Unfortunately, all their packages are zero gamers or 12 gamers. The cheapest 12 gamer is $180 for GA. Unlike the Roosters, WT or others, they don't do an in-between, unless you're an out of towner - you get a two game membership but have to reside 90km from Penrith (I'm about 45km). I wrote to them about it. They said;

1. What if we get a sell out? We'd have to knock back people that have tickets via that membership.
2. The clubs that offer that have big ground so they can do that without locking out fans.

Penrith haven't had a sell out for two years I reckon. And surely they could just make the say six tickets transferrable or incumbent on the member to "register" their attendance beforehand to prevent a lock out. Anyway, I'd buy a six or an eight even if by the end of the year I could only get to half. It's too much of a gamble to only get the full year. The other thing I could have done was used my brother's address in Wagga and purchase an out of towner. Might still do that.

Rant over. See you blue and golds bastards at Parra in Round 4 - that's actually a game I can make it to!

With thanks to the fans of Swindon Town FC.
Chim Chim Cher-ee! Chim Chim Cher-ee! Chim Chim Cher-oo
We hate those bastards in yellow and blue.

St James
Bronze

Post by St James »

Parra's no game meberships have to be the worst in the League.
$75 for a sticker, key ring, lanyard, member card and $30 voucher for the Blue and Gold Army merchandise store (the only good bit). At least this year they did away with the lemon coloured cap. Fair dinkum!
I get to most home games and buy at the gate, or online if it looks like being a sellout. Costs a bit more, but not if there are a few I can't get to.

I'm also looking forward to Sandow and Hayne tearing Penruff a new one in round 4.

Cheers.

bazza
Silver

Post by bazza »

St James wrote:Parra's no game meberships have to be the worst in the League.
$75 for a sticker, key ring, lanyard, member card and $30 voucher for the Blue and Gold Army merchandise store (the only good bit). At least this year they did away with the lemon coloured cap. Fair dinkum!
I get to most home games and buy at the gate, or online if it looks like being a sellout. Costs a bit more, but not if there are a few I can't get to.

I'm also looking forward to Sandow and Hayne tearing Penruff a new one in round 4.

Cheers.
The Parramatta membership includes voting rights at the football club - otherwise I doubt I would bother

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

the warriors at eden park, plus the fact that i work sundays has now precluded me from membership. i'm simply not going to eden park, and if i can't actually go to sunday games, the value i get is f***ed.

i might get a silly bumper sticker and a hat, but if i ever get my arse into gear and find the old logo only stickers rather than some goofy season theme stickers i'd put one on the car.

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

also, it might be physically impossible to put a rugby league sticker on an audi, even if it is 14 years old.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

People will assume it's a stolen Audi.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

lol. You know it's RU season when Fox Sports starts broadcasting Mercedes and Macquarie Bank ads again