MCG AFL Crowds

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
argee
Bronze

Post by argee »

This is not even an issue. Of course the Grand Final should always be played at the MCG. It is the largest stadium in Australia and you know that every seat will have a ticketholder. Case closed.
And Egan, as for what you said in your reply to my comments about travelling distances: I never said that the Lions travel anywhere near the distances that the Eagles and Dockers do. All I said was that the Lions are still out of the way compared to other centres so to travel is also difficult for the two (thats 2) times defending premiers. Thats all. Besides its still not that long a flight for the Perth teams to make only eleven or so times in the regular season (jet lag when travelling from west to east has been proven by scientists to only occur in flights of ten or more hours- so the Eagles and Dockers will be just fine). Get over yourselves over there in the Windy City.

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

I've been thinking about the traveling issue a bit, and I now think the Perth teams have no disadvantage at all. Because when they play at home, they have a big advantage over the away team as they have had to travel a large distance to get to Perth. And considering half your games are home games, it evens itself out. Your thoughts??

perthsmike
Bronze

Post by perthsmike »

diagree... just beacuse the other teams travels here ONCE a year it doesn't equal out eagles and dokers travelling the same distance 11 times a year....

mike

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Last edited by yob on Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

marcus
Bronze

Post by marcus »

Last edited by marcus on Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

While were on scientific matters its been proven that the West Coast Eagles stars such as ( Guy Mckenna) have had their career shortened by the amount of travel they have done over the career. What you guys in the eastern states have to consider is that it takes 4 1/2 hours to the place then 4 1/2 hours back. thats 9 hours travel for one game. While from melbourne to sydney 1 1/2 time 2 so thats 3 hours total travel distance when travelling away to melbourne every week. If you look at this statistic the eagles have to travel melbourne to sydney and back every second week 3 times. ( Not having a break or getting out of plane). While for a melbourne team they only have to do this once or twice a year, do you see the travel disadvantage the eagles and dockers have. Yes marcus it is an excuse as the eagles and dockers do not start on level ground with clubs in Melbourne. If your saying we have 12 games at home and we start advantage, yes that is true but for the other 11 games we have to travel melbourne to sydney and back 3 times. How many of you eastern staters think that travel is not an issue, not me and yes travel is an excuse and until it is evened out when the eagles play 14 home matches. it will continue to be an issue. Hmm argee ( how far is it between brisbane to sydney) we dont have any away trips that are as short as your brisbane to sydney and brisbane to melbourne and so on. While eastern staters claim to think that travel is no issue, live on the other side of the nullabor and it deffinately is a barrier, ok ive finished my groan for now but any comments like "travel is no issue" will simply be :lol: upon.