A-LEAGUE launch: "New Football"

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Spirit of Santos
Bronze

Re: A-LEAGUE launch: "New Football"

Post by Spirit of Santos »

yob wrote:http://www.a-league.com.au/article/hyun ... z709tikkd8

Combined club memberships has passed 110,000. Central Coast have broken their club record.

It's sad to see Perth down so low on 5,725. In the 10 years since the league started, Perth has grown to the size of Brisbane in year 1. That's a lot. IMO It's not enough to say Perth's been sh*t. Adelaide hasn't won sh*t and has lead Perth on all metrics.

The purple may have had its day. Time for yellow and black?
Nyet. The purple is awesome. Plus yellow and black would mean they have the same colours as their bitter distance derby rival Wellington. :lol:

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

It's a good thing there are 60 degrees of longitude and 8hr 30m flight time between them.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Probably the best thread for it. Club World Cup. Auckland City have beaten the Moroccan champions. A great result.

These guys look better than semi-pro. Granted, it's easy to look good when your opposition demands it.

What a fapper's paradise it'd be if the NZ football championship clubs were added to the FFA Cup. Perhaps Sky would pay more for a competition that involves all of NZ, and has a tighter reign on costs.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Wanderers are in the same group as Evergrande in next years ACL. :)

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Mariners kit for the 2015 Anterior Cruciate Ligament looks fukn hot.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/reve ... league-kit

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

yob wrote:Probably the best thread for it. Club World Cup. Auckland City have beaten the Moroccan champions. A great result.

These guys look better than semi-pro. Granted, it's easy to look good when your opposition demands it.

What a fapper's paradise it'd be if the NZ football championship clubs were added to the FFA Cup. Perhaps Sky would pay more for a competition that involves all of NZ, and has a tighter reign on costs.
Auckland City have been decidedly average this season too - imagine if a good club was playing!

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

IanRitchie wrote:
yob wrote:Probably the best thread for it. Club World Cup. Auckland City have beaten the Moroccan champions. A great result.

Auckland City have been decidedly average this season too - imagine if a good club was playing!
Have you been following the NZ Football Championship to any measure?

How have Auckland City and Waitakere spent the world club cup funds?

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

NZ Herald is pumping up tonight's Wellington fixture at Eden Park by talking Auckland A-League franchise.

I'd love an Auckland team. But the sad reality is we're pumping in millions to one team, and getting $180,000 back from Sky. So f**k off unless you want to sit down and talk turkey.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=11372903

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Glory announce 9223 for two games in a row at NIB. Looked more like 8,000.

A very competitive summer market now with a lot of festivals and sh*t going on against the gate. Plus the club did everything possible to push fans away last season Andy. They will start attacking the fan base again if they don't come in the numbers that the cronies think they deserve.

I didn't go last night, will be at the next game. The club has the crowds it deserves...
Last edited by Egan on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

yob wrote:http://www.a-league.com.au/article/hyun ... z709tikkd8

Combined club memberships has passed 110,000. Central Coast have broken their club record.

It's sad to see Perth down so low on 5,725. In the 10 years since the league started, Perth has grown to the size of Brisbane in year 1. That's a lot. IMO It's not enough to say Perth's been sh*t. Adelaide hasn't won sh*t and has lead Perth on all metrics.

The purple may have had its day. Time for yellow and black?
Glory had 3-4,000 season ticket holders at the peak of their regular season crowds in 1997. So no reflection on the size of the club. Their record is in 2007 and it was around 7000...

The real loss is the tv viewership figures. 360,000 watched in WAon ABC in 1999 for a major semi final. It would be about 80-100,0000 in WA for the last semi final we played in the A-League...

A lot of Glory fans are heading across, albeit not me. I haven't really engaged in the tournament as much as many and finances now I have a mortgage are not as great as they once were...

Good luck to both sides.

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

yob wrote:
IanRitchie wrote:

Have you been following the NZ Football Championship to any measure?

How have Auckland City and Waitakere spent the world club cup funds?
I thought it was pooled TBH.

Also my f***ing arse there was only 11k last night.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

IanRitchie wrote: Also my f***ing arse there was only 11k last night.
It surprises me that Wellington is in good form yet gets close to half the crowd of previous years?

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Egan wrote:Glory announce 9223 for two games in a row at NIB. Looked more like 8,000.

A very competitive summer market now with a lot of festivals and sh*t going on against the gate. Plus the club did everything possible to push fans away last season Andy. They will start attacking the fan base again if they don't come in the numbers that the cronies think they deserve.

I didn't go last night, will be at the next game. The club has the crowds it deserves...
I had a double take when I saw the crowd figure, but it's actually 9233 . +10 on last home game. Easy mistake to make.

What made me suspicious also was last season for one home fixture Fox accidentally quoted the attendance of the previous week.

My doctor has an explanation for why I notice these things :p

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

yob wrote:
IanRitchie wrote: Also my f***ing arse there was only 11k last night.
It surprises me that Wellington is in good form yet gets close to half the crowd of previous years?
Wellington are trying to bail on their contract, so a dodgy figure isn't a shock.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

yob wrote:
Egan wrote:Glory announce 9223 for two games in a row at NIB. Looked more like 8,000.

I had a double take when I saw the crowd figure, but it's actually 9233 . +10 on last home game. Easy mistake to make.

What made me suspicious also was last season for one home fixture Fox accidentally quoted the attendance of the previous week.

My doctor has an explanation for why I notice these things :p
Cheers for clearing it up. Still didn't look like the ground was at 9000 capacity. They are lucky they are winning games because this city is going to be hitting some hard times soon...