AFL 2012

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
IanRitchie
Platinum

Re: AFL 2012

Post by IanRitchie »

Nines wrote:
Simmo79 wrote:You have quite a sense of victimhood for a supporter of the largest and best run league in the country. I'd hate to see your list of complaints if you supported another sport.
But I do support other sports.
international rules doesn't count.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

You've rated Hobart's entire attitude on one event?

Re the respective competitions and your % population argument, I seriously doubt you've done any research. Even on per capita, RL is bigger in Adelaide (40 teams plus schools comp) than it is in Hobart (4 teams, no juniors, no schools). My sources are the respective websites of the leagues. Adelaide has 6x the population and at least 10x the teams in RL. In RU, Adelaide has 104 teams. Hobart has 19 teams. 6x population, 5.5x teams. Only marginally better per capita.

We're all entitled to our opinion...

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Nines wrote:
Simmo79 wrote:You have quite a sense of victimhood for a supporter of the largest and best run league in the country. I'd hate to see your list of complaints if you supported another sport.
Bullshit...

You are a Vlad sponsored Troll...

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

Adelaide has 40 rugby league teams? I'd be surprised if Perth had that many. I think there are only 2 senior leagues in Perth with about half a dozen teams in each.

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Rob wrote:Adelaide has 40 rugby league teams? I'd be surprised if Perth had that many. I think there are only 2 senior leagues in Perth with about half a dozen teams in each.
The WARL has 7 clubs and one team of goldfield expats.
No club has a full complement of teams so I'd say 40 would be stretching it.

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote:
Nines wrote:
Bullshit...

You are a Vlad sponsored Troll...
Oh poor egan. Give yourself a wake up call.
AFL is not my number one passion and I don't like Vlad.
However I do follow the Swans passionately and admire most what of what the AFL has achieved under the leadership of Vlad.
I enjoy watching other sports and even RU and rl.
I'd enjoy it more if some of their supporters weren't As.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Going back to topic, nowhere else in the country is going through whats happening in Perth with AFL. We have just spent 4 days talking about Natanui dunking a basketball, and then the post mortem and counselling sessions because he did it without permission :lol:

Pre-Season AFL has just wiped out everything else...Natanui is becoming the new Cousins as well.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

I said teams, not clubs - basically counting the ladders of various 2011 competitions.

I didn't include schools because that is more problematic.

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Jeffles wrote:I said teams, not clubs - basically counting the ladders of various 2011 competitions.
"The WARL has 7 clubs and one team of goldfield expats.
No club has a full complement of teams so I'd say 40(teams) would be stretching it."

7 clubs X levels < 40 teams. 2012 fixtures aren't out.
I'm thinking about 6 levels, but those other competitions average a lot les clubs.

nobleoz
Gold

Post by nobleoz »

I have always enjoyed seeing Richmobd supporters singing their song, without being a Tigers supporter. Now I am impressed that they are looking at 50,000 members, having passed 40,000. Maybe it will be their year?

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

http://www.smh.com.au/wa-news/bradbury- ... 1v25w.html
Former champion speed skater Steven Bradbury will no doubt be reviewing his material after a tasteless joke about Ben Cousins fell flat at West Coast's AFL season launch.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/bradb ... z1p5VgRYvw

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

That is deadset f***ing gold. Not sure what is funnier - Bradbury's joke or the fact that the Weagles still think Benny is a good boy.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

I must admit, I squirm in my seat at the sight of people embarrassing themselves. Men asking out women in television shows, comedians falling flat on their face and battling to hold the room together for 15 minutes, nervous people giving oral presentations, etc etc.

I wouldn't have had any problem watching this though.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Great joke.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Rob wrote:That is deadset f***ing gold. Not sure what is funnier - Bradbury's joke or the fact that the Weagles still think Benny is a good boy.
The sort of reaction the media gave it was totally over the top :roll:

Those at the launch couldn't handle it...