AFL 2012

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
nobleoz
Gold

Re: AFL 2012

Post by nobleoz »

Collingwood has now passed 70,000 members!

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

massive effort

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

100k. Barca got up to 170k in 2009 but closed the book on new members in 2010.

Of course, "membership" is a flexible concept and can mean pretty much whatever a club wants it to mean. I suspect Sporting Lisbon follows the Barcelona/Real Madrid policy of membership being a $50 annual voting right that isn't directly linked to match day or season tickets. Man Utd have memberships but they're just a way of allocating the limited supply of seats that aren't tied up with season tickets and away team allocations.

nobleoz
Gold

Post by nobleoz »

Collingwood does very well compared to these giants of world sport. Always nice to have something comparable in our own country

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

I look forward to seeing them all at the game this weekend. The MCG is gonna be chockers!

oh wait

nobleoz
Gold

Post by nobleoz »

Collingwood is the sporting capital of Australia!

Laz
Bronze

Post by Laz »

I reckon there will be around only 30-35k that will go to the mcg tomorrow.i live 10 minutes away and am not sure if i'll go to the game or just walk across the road and watch it live on foxfooty at the pub,not a big fan of the 4:40 twilight games.

nobleoz
Gold

Post by nobleoz »

Results so far continue to make this a very interesting season. Fantastic game Friday night......nothing better than when the Tigers are roaring!

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

What a round! All the upsets - and a totally unexpected flogging of the Dogs by the Swans in the wet yesterday...

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

It was good to see the return of the goal kicker this round.

When I grew up watching the game the excitement surrounding a bag of goals was almost palpable. In some ways it mattered more than the result. If the Crows sucked you at least invested yourself in Modra v Ablett. Things were much simpler then. Pick who had the best goal kicker and you knew the result of the game. Geelong/Ablett was going to beat Adelaide/Modra, and Sydney wasn't going to win sh*t because they only had Simon Minton-Connell. And nobody had a chance against Esendon with Darren Bewick smacking home 50 goals a season on the wing.

Amaru
Bronze

Post by Amaru »

If Collingwood win the premiership with all the injuries it has suffered, it will be the greatest premiership in history. A movie should be made about Collingwood's setbacks and how it still climbed the mountain. 

Pity about Carlton losing tonight. Together with its supporters, could not have happened to a bigger bunch of flogs. Well done to WCE who also have injury concerns. And how silly does Carlton look now? They scored a flukey win against Collingwood early in the season and their tosser fans had announced its arrival and now its season is in tatters LOL. f**k em.

Also pity about Dempsey playing on half a second before the final siren against Sydney. Well done Sydney and bad luck Bummers you are f***ing sh*t. Losing to Melbourne also LOL.

I won't stick the boot into Richmond just yet, yea they had a loss last week, still a developing side, but they get one more week's grace. 

Amaru
Bronze

Post by Amaru »

nobleoz wrote:Collingwood is the sporting capital of Australia!
I know you're trying to be funny, but I don't appreciate your ever so subtle dig at Collingwood, so for that you cop this response:

Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood
Collingwood

That is all.

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

Amaru wrote:If Collingwood win the premiership with all the injuries it has suffered, it will be the greatest premiership in history. A movie should be made about Collingwood's setbacks and how it still climbed the mountain.
:wank: ...of the highest order.

Amaru
Bronze

Post by Amaru »

Boba Fett wrote:
Amaru wrote:If Collingwood win the premiership with all the injuries it has suffered, it will be the greatest premiership in history. A movie should be made about Collingwood's setbacks and how it still climbed the mountain.
:wank: ...of the highest order.
Do I have to put things into perspective for you bozo?

1) New coach, plus Malthouse stirring the pot.

2) Injuries:

Keefe - year
Ball - year
Macaffer
J Thomas
Krakouer
Toovey
Shaw
Pendlebury
Reid

3) Tough draw. 2 games each against last year's other top 3 in Hawthorn, Geelong and West Coast.

So you can flog your peanut as much as you like but there is no doubt the footballing gods are not smiling on us and if we happen to win the premiership this year it will be one of the most special ever.