The official Collingwood FC appreciation thread

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Amaru
Bronze

The official Collingwood FC appreciation thread

Post by Amaru »

This current Collingwood side will go down as one of the greatest in history, probably second only to the Collingwood side which won 4 flags in a row in 1927, 1928, 1929 and 1930, a feat which has never been repeated in the VFL/AFL.

2010 AFL minor premiers, 2010 AFL premiers, 2011 AFL minor premiers with only one loss so far and favourites to make it back to back premierships this year. All this whilst being salary cap compliant and without the aid of priority draft picks after priority draft picks, unlike that scum Carlton, that low life tanking scum who should have been booted out of the league for cheating the salary cap.

The fact you people can discuss stadiums and not show your appreciation for one of the greatest teams, second only to Jock McHale's invincibles of 1927-1930, to ever grace a stadium, is deplorable and quite frankly a blight on this forum. 

So come on you clowns, pay tribute to the reigning AFL premiers here. If you don't, then you are an idiot and perhaps you should join a forum about gardening or the like.

the crow
Gold

Re: The official Collingwood FC appreciation thread

Post by the crow »

I would....but I still have all my teeth....so I can't join in under Collingwood rules...shame really

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

the crow wrote:I would....but I still have all my teeth....so I can't join in under Collingwood rules...shame really
Damn, stole my line.

nobleoz
Gold

Post by nobleoz »

what a gr8 thread!

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

I'd put the Brisbane team of 2001-2003 ahead of this Collingwood team. THREE premierships, two Brownlows and two Norm Smith medallists (and let's face it, should have been three if it wasn't for the faulty voting system in place in 2002). The 2003 team made history by being the first Grand Finalist team to have three Brownlow Medalists playing for them (Voss, Akermanis and Black).

This Magpies team had to play a Grand Final twice last year just to actually win the thing! Hardly a dominant performance...

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Who made this thread, "official?" That's like saying Mudgee has a world-class stadium.

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Boba Fett wrote:I'd put the Brisbane team of 2001-2003 ahead of this Collingwood team. THREE premierships, two Brownlows and two Norm Smith medallists (and let's face it, should have been three if it wasn't for the faulty voting system in place in 2002). The 2003 team made history by being the first Grand Finalist team to have three Brownlow Medalists playing for them (Voss, Akermanis and Black).

This Magpies team had to play a Grand Final twice last year just to actually win the thing! Hardly a dominant performance...
Logic doesn't come into it . They have Eddie and Malthouse .Joker trumps all .

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Geelong would have to feel hard done by. They've dominated for much of the era but lost finals. Those games at the pointy end really count against them but their win percentage is phenomenal.

Amaru
Bronze

Post by Amaru »

Boba Fett wrote:I'd put the Brisbane team of 2001-2003 ahead of this Collingwood team. THREE premierships, two Brownlows and two Norm Smith medallists (and let's face it, should have been three if it wasn't for the faulty voting system in place in 2002). The 2003 team made history by being the first Grand Finalist team to have three Brownlow Medalists playing for them (Voss, Akermanis and Black).

That Brisbane side was an awesome side, I ought to know they beat the pies in two grand finals, but if the pies can win 3 in a row I think it will be seen as a better side by virtue of the fact that Collingwood has dominated this year, dominated like Brisbane never did. But what I'm saying is this current crop would beat those Lion premiership teams. Just my opinion, but look at the Pies record this year, it's hard to top. 

You also have to look at everything the AFL threw at Brisbane/Fitzroy to get them to merge, plus the increased salary cap the Lions had, Collingwood never got the benefits from the AFL that the Lions did. 

Amaru
Bronze

Post by Amaru »

That Brisbane side was an awesome side, I ought to know they beat the pies in two grand finals, but if the pies can win 3 in a row I think it will be seen as a better side by virtue of the fact that Collingwood has dominated this year, dominated like Brisbane never did. But what I'm saying is this current crop would beat those Lion premiership teams. Just my opinion, but look at the Pies record this year, it's hard to top. 

You also have to look at everything the AFL threw at Brisbane/Fitzroy to get them to merge, plus the increased salary cap the Lions had, Collingwood never got the benefits from the AFL that the Lions did. 

Soaks
Bronze

Post by Soaks »

Did you post that twice just to bring up your century? Well done lad, now raise your bat and off to the dentist with all your other feral mates.

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

Amaru wrote: That Brisbane side was an awesome side, I ought to know they beat the pies in two grand finals, but if the pies can win 3 in a row I think it will be seen as a better side by virtue of the fact that Collingwood has dominated this year, dominated like Brisbane never did. But what I'm saying is this current crop would beat those Lion premiership teams. Just my opinion, but look at the Pies record this year, it's hard to top. 
Course Brisbane had to travel more than once every couple of months, including to win the grand final itself.
Ball and Tarrant say thanks to the AFL for letting Collingwood manipulate the draft.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

If you judge as one year, this could be one of the great sides. Undeniable. Only one loss in the regular season.

If you look at it over an era, it is too early to say. Brisbane won their swag of premierships with the burden of travel. Geelong should also be considered. Two premierships so far and thet are about to record its 5th consecutive top 2 regular season finish. That's dominance.

Amaru
Bronze

Post by Amaru »

Soaks wrote:Did you post that twice just to bring up your century? Well done lad, now raise your bat and off to the dentist with all your other feral mates.
Just for the record homo, no I didn't intentionally double post to get to 100 posts. In fact I had no idea what my post count was until you raised it. I don't monitor my post count. So why don't you get your teeth off your dentist's cock and wrap your bat around your disfigured head you pillow biting low life twat.

Amaru
Bronze

Post by Amaru »

Jeffles wrote:If you judge as one year, this could be one of the great sides. Undeniable. Only one loss in the regular season.

If you look at it over an era, it is too early to say. Brisbane won their swag of premierships with the burden of travel. Geelong should also be considered. Two premierships so far and thet are about to record its 5th consecutive top 2 regular season finish. That's dominance.
Brisbane also had the luxury of home games against interstate sides. Eleven home games at the Gabba plus it used to buy a game from the Demons, so 11 home games at the Gabba plus an away game at the Gabba against Melbourne. That's a huge advantage. Compare that to Collingwood which plays alot of its home games against fellow Victorian sides in front of 50/50 crowds. As for Collingwood travelling, I literally can't remember the last time the pies lost a game outside of Victoria. Our away record is second to none, another reason why I think this current team could go down as one of the all time greats.