NRL 2010

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Jeffles
Platinum

Re: NRL 2010

Post by Jeffles »

bazza wrote:
Jeffles wrote:
IanRitchie wrote:parra.
Idiots. I gotta say Paul Osborne is doing a crap job. They were out for Anderson before Parra's season was confined to crap. They whinge about the cap AFTER going on a massive spending spree. They've got no idea.
I have to agree
The only good thing they have done is increase memberships - hopefully that can at least continue next year
I forgot to add Quade Cooper. How can they whinge about the cap and then go after a bloke that would be paid $500k and upwards.

Something's definitely not right there.

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

Post by Cheesie-the-Pirate »

Excellent work by Dousty and Co, squeezing some more dough out of the NSW govt. Nice idea too - would probably go if I was still in Sydney.
PREMIER ANNOUNCES GRAND FINAL LIVE SITES
29/09/2010 11:36:09 AM

NSW Premier Kristina Keneally has today announced that both WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah and WIN Stadium, Wollongong will be set-up as “live sites” when the Dragons take on the Roosters in this Sunday’s sold-out NRL Grand Final.

Premier Keneally was today joined by Kogarah MP, Cherie Burton, Wollongong MP, Noreen Hay and Oatley MP, Kevin Greene, Dragons Chairman Warren Lockwood, Dragons CEO Peter Doust as well as players Mark Gasnier and Jason Nightingale at WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah to announce the NSW Government’s support of the Grand Final “live sites” in the Dragons’ region.

The NSW Government decided to work with the St George Illawarra Dragons to host the live sites following the quick sell-out of 2010 Grand Final tickets.

Local MPs and avid St George Illawarra Dragons supporters Cherie Burton and Noreen Hay demanded the live sites be set up for fans that won’t get to the match at ANZ Stadium.

“We wouldn’t take no for an answer - St George Illawarra fans should be rightly proud of their team’s achievements,” Ms Burton said.

“I encourage all fans, young and old to get out to the live sites decked in red and white to celebrate what I am sure will be a Dragons victory.”

Member for Wollongong, Noreen Hay said: “We’ve been working with the Dragons to ensure all fans get the chance to take part in the festivities.

“Fans have certainly shown their support by buying every available ticket in near-record time, which is why we’ve acted to make Jubilee and WIN Stadium available to those who missed out.”

WIN Jubilee Oval in Kogarah and WIN Stadium in Wollongong will both be open on Sunday afternoon, with giant screens showing all the Grand Final action.

Premier Kristina Keneally said this weekend’s game – an all NSW Grand Final - demonstrates the strength of rugby league in the State.

“NSW is the natural home of rugby league,” Ms Keneally said.

“Two of our State’s oldest and most successful clubs will go head to head on Sunday afternoon in what will be one of the toughest battles in NRL history.

“The NSW Government is working with the Dragons to make sure fans unable to get a ticket to the all-NSW showdown have a great place to watch the game live on the big screen.”

Minister for Sport and Recreation and Member for Oatley, Kevin Greene said the NSW Government began working with the Dragons as soon as they made the Grand Final and it was clear the game was going to be a sellout.

“The Dragons are serious business down here in St George and further South in the Illawarra,” Mr Greene said.

“Just about every person in our community will be spending their Sunday watching this huge game, and for the unlucky majority not able to get a ticket to Sydney Olympic Park.

“I’m glad we have helped organise a great alternative venue.”

Dragons CEO Peter Doust said players will return to Kogarah after the Grand Final on Sunday night win or lose.

“The Dragons Members and Supporters are recognised as the proudest and most supportive in the NRL,” said Doust. “For our NSW Government and particularly the Premier, Noreen, Cherie and Kevin to support these Grand Final day activities is special and greatly appreciated.

“WIN Jubilee Oval and WIN Stadium will be the ‘next best thing’ for those unable to get to the Grand Final on Sunday,” added Doust.

The venues will have a family friendly atmosphere with food and beverage outlets available.

Fans are encouraged to wear their Dragons gear and enjoy the occasion with fellow Dragons supporters.

All Illawarra Line trains will also stop at Carlton Station this weekend to ensure fans have an easy way to get to WIN Jubilee Oval.

All trains on the Eastern Suburbs and Illawarra Lines – with the exception of South Coast and Intercity services – will stop at Carlton from 12pm on Sunday to get Dragons fans to the live site at Kogarah Oval.

Grand Final tickets include travel to and from the game on the CityRail network, Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses, regular Sydney Buses and Sydney Ferries.

For further information and to pre-register for catering and logistical purposes to attend the event at at WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah click here

For further information and to pre-register for catering and logistical purposes to attend the event at WIN Stadium, Wollongong click here

Please note that Dragons fans attending the Grand Final who wish to return to WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah on Sunday night after the Grand Final cannot be guaranteed entry and will only be permitted subject to venue capacity constraints.
http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx? ... live-sites

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

Live site in Bondi?

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

Post by Cheesie-the-Pirate »

Nope - only "live site" for the Tricolours is at Easts Leagues Club. Apparently they were going to do something at Moore Park or somewhere similar but it wasn't logistically possible. Or something.

bazza
Silver

Post by bazza »

Cheesie-the-Pirate wrote:Nope - only "live site" for the Tricolours is at Easts Leagues Club. Apparently they were going to do something at Moore Park or somewhere similar but it wasn't logistically possible. Or something.
There is some sort of music festival in Moore Park this weekend

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

Parramatta captain Nathan Hindmarsh says he was not consulted before the sacking of Daniel Anderson, despite an assurance from the NRL club the coach would survive the axe.

Anderson's contract was terminated with a year left to run on Sunday night after the Eels failed to make the top eight.

The sacking came less than 12 months after Parramatta played in the 2009 NRL grand final.

"I would have liked Ando to have stayed on, definitely," Hindmarsh said.

"I think he's a great coach and two years as a coach isn't long enough to get a side where you want to get a side.

"I would have liked him to have stayed on but the board's made that decision and we've just got to live with it I suppose."

Hindmarsh confirmed he had been given assurances from the Eels board that Anderson would see out the full period of his contract.

"From what I remember we were given pretty much some sort of headbob that he would be staying, but things change," Hindmarsh said.

"I've just got to put up with the decision and get stuck into the pre-season."
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/4185899/Ca ... ns-sacking

good, good....

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

What a club!

Tips time.

Saints by 4.
First try scorer: Sam Perrett.
Clive Churchill Medal: Braith Anasta

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

BOG to the losing team, always a big call.

HoldenV8
Silver

Post by HoldenV8 »

Did I read there that someone is reporting that Nathan Hindmarsh wasn't consulted before Daniel Anderson got the boot? I could have sworn on last night's NRL Grand Final Footy Show that Nathan Hindmarsh himself was asked about this and he said he WAS consulted as were a number of players from Parramatta. I'm not the only one who heard that was I?

Oh, and Roosters 38-0.....maybe. Oh wait, that's been done. Roosters by 12.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

beastjim wrote:BOG to the losing team, always a big call.
Ryan Tandy told me.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

So who is going to win the Grand Final that 55% of Australia's population cares about? The prelim yesterday was a huge anti climax. The Dragons for me... gotta support my Dad's team just to keep the memory alive.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Centrals to win.

RobertHeatleyStand
Silver

Post by RobertHeatleyStand »

gyfox wrote:The grand final sold out earlier than any other year.
I must say I've had a :lol: this week every time the media mentioned it.

A notion (sell-out) that's a given anywhere else in the world is greeted with a sigh of relief in Sydney. It does go on sale 3 months in advance doesn't it?

As for today, go the Saints. I have family in Hurstville that will be loudly cheering the red and white, if only from the lounge room.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

SGI by 12, 82,340 crowd.

RobertHeatleyStand
Silver

Post by RobertHeatleyStand »

Well this one like the AFL version ended up a boring fizzer. Well done Dragons in front of over 82k.

I thought the days of muddy GF's were over...

Best part of watching the telecast was listening to the commentators arguing amongst themselves only to realise they're actually agreeing with each other. :lol:

btw...thanks to ch.nein for ending the telecast as soon as the game ended. :oops: