Cricket 2009/10

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
yob
Platinum

Re: Cricket 2009/10

Post by yob »

1) Shorten game to 20 overs.
2) Line the pockets of psychiatrists prescribing ADHD medication.
3) War with scientology
4) ???
5) Profit!

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Can we ban Twenty/20 from being discussed on this forum. I am still in my igloo thinking this sh*t game does not exist...

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

Can we ban ill informed shitdribbling first?

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

Post by Cheesie-the-Pirate »

Reason 5,635 why cricket purists need to hold their nose and recognise the good T20 is doing to the game of cricket:

Women's cricket is being telecast live on commercial free to air on Sunday afternoon.

Who would've imagined that even five years ago?

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

i am at the G tonight hoping for a great game...well ive been getting pissed in the members dining room thanks to a supplier... People if you are paintng a major stadium....use international paints as they are the best....any hoo sh*t crowd in an international sporting city....there were more people at the football last night....one wicket to go.

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

a lower capacity eden park is sold out this weekend.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Scott Styris! Who knew he was still alive?

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Playing in NZ just seems to be like playing at NSO every game.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

ACF priority period for Ashes tickets
From 14 July 2010, Australian-based ACF members will have priority access to ticketing for all international matches in the 2010-11 season, including the 3 mobile Ashes Series against England.
The release date of tickets in the ACF priority period will be staggered over three days:
14 - 19 July - Matches in Queensland and South Australia
15 - 19 July - Matches in New South Wales and Tasmania
16 - 19 July - Matches in Western Australia and Victoria

Im thinking of Adelaide or Brisbane for my second test match. My mate from Wellington (pom) is considering doing the Adelaide Test match.

I'll be in Chile though, campout will not be an option. Preying that the hype is reduced this year.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Boooooooooo Hisssssssss

ANZ Stadium and SCG to share cricket internationals
EXCLUSIVE by Tim Morrissey From: The Daily Telegraph March 30, 2010 12:00AM

IN A major change to tradition international cricket in Sydney will now be shared between the SCG and ANZ Stadium.
Premier Kristina Keneally will officially announce this morning that Twenty20 international matches will be played at ANZ Stadium from 2011 over a five-year period. It will be the first time in 128 years that international cricket will leave the SCG.

The SCG has hosted every international cricket match played in Sydney - outside of the unofficial World Series Cricket - dating back to the Australia-England Test of 1882.

A spokesman from the Premier's office confirmed to The Daily Telegraph last night that a major initiative involving Twenty20 cricket had been struck with Cricket NSW.

The news comes after a recent ruling from ICC's Executive Committee that ANZ is fit to host international matches following an inspection in February.

Concerns about ANZ Stadium's unusually short boundaries have been raised previously but the venue has successfully hosted domestic Twenty20 matches.

Cricket NSW's new tenancy agreement with the 83,000-seat ANZ Stadium, almost twice the capacity of the SCG, reflects the dramatic explosion in popularity of the game's shortest version.

The Olympic Park venue will allow CNSW to grow its revenue streams following a downturn in crowds for Test cricket in Sydney.

It is believed CNSW was also hoping to stage a 50-over international matches at the former Olympic stadium, however, decided against it after the Commonwealth Bank threatened to end its $20 million sponsorship of CA's one-day international series.

CNSW has the right to decide which grounds will hold matches played within its state
:twisted: :evil: :(

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

And well done Australia cleaning up the NZ tail end today as well

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

The Olympic Park venue will allow CNSW to grow its revenue streams following a downturn in crowds for Test cricket in Sydney
That has been surprising the downturn in crowds for Test Matches at the SCG.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

T20's get moved, so what really. And I am sure there will be an upturn in crowds this year Egan.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

^ being an ashes year i tend to agree, im just concerned it sets a precedent for international games to go to ANZ......it opens the flood gated for dickholes who make and justify these decisions, not people who love the game.

timmers
Bronze
Location: Sydney's Hills, where public transport doesn't exist

Post by timmers »

the crow wrote:^ being an ashes year i tend to agree, im just concerned it sets a precedent for international games to go to ANZ......it opens the flood gated for dickholes who make and justify these decisions, not people who love the game.
Couldn't agree more, hearing the premier with her confused American accent talking about the history of Cricket in Sydney made me very worried.