Domestic Cricket 2009-10

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

ACT v WA Fury

:roll:

Battle of the sh*t...

Apparently the ACT are made up of 7 players from Sydney...

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Lots of talking points out of the weekend. For starters, f***ing NSW couldn't close as Qld's last five wickets put on 400 to JUST get first innings points.

Brad Hodge goes out on a high in a game where there were 3 declarations. He scored 60 odd in his final first class innings for the Vics who chased 381 for the loss of 4. Amazing result but totally manufactured - 18 wickets for 1250 odd runs - on a poor drop in deck. Pitches are too batsmen friendly.

It raises a good point about any proposed Test cricket championship. If they decide to award points, one hopes captains will see the incentive of sporting declarations - like in the Shield - in the hope of getting results.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Jeffles wrote:Pitches are too batsmen friendly.
Your right, more green decks with bowler friendly conditions are needed so that the bowlers can dominate the first day. Or maybe these days 4 days just isn't enough (even with the extra 6 overs)

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

It's plenty of time if there's a decent pitch.

f***ing Qld. NSW go to Newcastle to host the Vics in the Shield. NSW could get pummeled. I'll be going up on the Saturday. Will take pics.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Jeffles wrote:It's plenty of time if there's a decent pitch.

f***ing Qld.
Well you beat us in the FRC match, so its a nice even up.

beastjim
Gold

Re: Domestic Cricket 2009-10

Post by beastjim »

Not a bad debut from Copeland in the Shield, an 8 for and 10 wickets for the match. But NSW really struggles to fit 4 openers into a lineup, Dave Warner especially seems to loose out.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

I saw Copeland bowl yesterday.He really moves the ball. NSW will be battling to win though. Katich will need to score a ton.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Jeffles wrote:I saw Copeland bowl yesterday.He really moves the ball. NSW will be battling to win though. Katich will need to score a ton.
You forgot about the part where someone has to stay at the other end. Still a good Outright win to Queensland, and sets them up nicely to head towards the Shield final. Amazingly this could be a very good year for Queensland Cricket. I still think the team is nothing spectacular, but perhaps its a champion team instead of a team of champions.

Who you doing to support if it's Victoria v Queensland Jeffles? The weather and the umpires?

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

beastjim wrote:
Jeffles wrote:I saw Copeland bowl yesterday.He really moves the ball. NSW will be battling to win though. Katich will need to score a ton.
You forgot about the part where someone has to stay at the other end. Still a good Outright win to Queensland, and sets them up nicely to head towards the Shield final. Amazingly this could be a very good year for Queensland Cricket. I still think the team is nothing spectacular, but perhaps its a champion team instead of a team of champions.

Who you doing to support if it's Victoria v Queensland Jeffles? The weather and the umpires?
Im supporting Victoria...

Looking forward to watching the last few shield games at WACA...its been a while.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

beastjim wrote:

If the weather doesn't go to my plan, I'd like to see a high-scoring draw where all batsmen score 49 and the wickets are all run outs. Good point about Qld beastjim. They were slammed for getting rid of Noffke but they are having a good season.

Big cheer for Ed Cowan scoring a ton yesterday. His move to Tassie from NSW has really paid off. Good for him - he's a good bloke. Another cheer for Michael Klinger who scored two tons this week.

Hopefully NSW can get some back in the F50 game tomorrow.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Damn you NSW, well actually more Damn you Phil Jacques. Some interesting performances, Ben Cutting should firmly be in the selectors eye sight after tonight's performance. Otherwise I used to play football at the same club as Chris Lynn, not sure if he played in the same team (its possible he was pretty good at that as well), he's a couple of years younger then me.

Otherwise Chris Simpson is still the worst player in the Bulls and yet he is captain....

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Heading to the WACA on Tuesday...

wildcat
Bronze

Post by wildcat »

Great win by Tassie in the FRC final, Paine with a 100 and Denton grabbing a 5 for.

Victoria now lost their 4th straight FRC final, who admittedly were missing several players (as were tassie) due to injury and being unavailable due to selection in the Australian 20/20 and ODI squads.

Quick mention to the Tassie bowling attack, who played 2 full time spinners in every FRC game this season. Spinner Xavier Doherty was leading wicket taker in the FRC with 20 wickets at an average of 20, whats a guy got to do to get a call up to the national team (other than wear a sky blue uniform :roll: ).

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

I agree. He should be there ahead of Steven Smith.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

I'm happy to have the lara bingle photo emailed to me if anyone has it. This ends my interest in cricket 09/10