Domestic Cricket 2009-10

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Jeffles
Platinum

Domestic Cricket 2009-10

Post by Jeffles »

It has started a little early. A few weeks ago semi regular NSW batsman Ed Cowan joined Tasmania. He's a great personality and will probably feature in Brett Geeves's blog in the coming months.

The reason I started this thread though was because Ashley Noffke has joined WA after being told by Qld he's not guaranteed a start in their coloured-clothing teams. No in the strictest sense nobody is guaranteed a start but you can make it clear to someone that they are part o0f your plans and if a team was picked tomorrow, you'd be in there. Qld obviously didn't feel that way. Lord knows why not - his record in the past few seasons has been sensational. He even played T20 for Australia.

I guess that means more responsibility for Andrew Symonds in the maroon cap. :lol:

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

The words 'responsibility' and 'Andrew Symonds' don't go together very well...

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Can't believe that Queensland Cricket have f***ed up to allow Noffke to move on. Why tell him now, during contract negotiations, tell him about a week out from the event, saying "we are going to rest you from the T20's" save you for the run home in the Shield . Not sure they were excluding him from the ODI team. To angry with them to string together proper sentences
Last place for Queensland in all forms of Cricket this year, now that South Australia has gotten it's act together.

Also playing a T20 for Australia means nothing, its where we give all the newbies a run before the ODI series.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

We are happy to take another Queensland Hack and recruite them to Western Australia...

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Hack? Why don't you rate him?

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Why did I spell recruit with an e?

Noffke will be ok, but I think I would have preferred to keep giving time to Heal. He has been a lot more consistent.

Our bowling lineup is full of Queenslanders. Magoffin, Edmonson and now Noffke. I call them the Queensland hacks, because Edmonson and Magoffin at the start of their time in WA were very sh*t.

Need Jo Angel to come out of retirement, not really JL.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

You forgot that the best Queensland Bowler of the lot has gone to WA as well, Johnson. Not that you will see him much.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

http://www.cricket.com.au/default.aspx? ... e-fixtures

Fixtures have been released, hoping to see the latter end of the season. WA has to perform this season!

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Due to the T20 (not UEFA) Champions League, NSW don't start in Oz until November v WA at NSO. I'll probably get to some more A-League in October.

NSW have two 50 over games at NSO, a 50 over game at Wollongong on Australia Day and a Shield game in Newcastle v Victoria on Dec 18-21. The remaining games are at the SCG (Shield/50 over) and Homebush Bay (T20). The timing of the NSW regional games are good for me as I can make the trip.

Great to see a game in Alice Springs and I see WA are going back to Bunbury. The pitch alignment for Bunbury last time was hopeless and I expect no different.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

I will still be in Port Moresby for the game in Bunbury.

Tasmania are also playing a game in Launceston.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

WTF? Bulls have three Ford Ranger Cup games at home in a row within the space of 9 days.....
Also on the 9th December they are going to play themselves.
And finally the Bulls seem to have dropped taking any games into a regional centre, the entire T20 schedule is rather boring with all games at the normal venue (except of course NSW at ANZ).

Bulls to be the team to catch in the FRC, after jumping out to an early lead. :)

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

It's a shame about QLD. Another game in Nth Qld would've been great and I think taking a game to the Gold Coast,Toowoomba or somewhere else outside of Brisbane would be good publicity.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Noffke already proved Qld wrong with an outstandng performance for WA last Sunday in the F50 (if T20 is an appropriate abbreviation...).

The Shield starts today with WA v Qld and SA v Tas. Ed Cowan scored 23 from 57 balls in his debut innings for Tas.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Flat wicket at the WACA

Brilliant innings by North, absolutely exceptional. Very tight bowling as well, even if its not very exciting.

Thank god the weather warmed up today.

Not so sure I agree with this conservative approach. They won their first two shield games of last season.

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

Egan wrote:Flat wicket at the WACA

Brilliant innings by North, absolutely exceptional.
How can it be an exceptional innings if he's batting on a road? Shouldn't the more remarkable thing be that his teammates didn't join in the fun?