Brisbane Olympic Bid

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Nick

St Andrews?

Post by Nick »

Egan wrote:" ... the new sattelite city of St Andrews to the north of Perth ... will hold about 250,000 people ... "
:?:

I haven't heard anything about this. Can someone please post a URL that details more about this subject?

beastjim
Gold

Re: Brisbane Olympic Bid

Post by beastjim »

2020 is going to be in Hobart idiots. Dave Forster Stadium is going to go off.

RobertHeatleyStand
Silver

Post by RobertHeatleyStand »

Keep away from my portal... :hand:

Nines
Silver

Re:

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote:For the 1964 Commonwealth Games according to my Grandfather they wanted to put the Commonwealth Pool in KingS Park!!! imagine the disastrous planning and implications on the park if that did happen.
You mean like the Tennis centre ?

Nines
Silver

Re:

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote:I deffinately think that Perth will be an ideal place for the Olympics it is the fastest growing capital city in Australia and with the construction of the new sattelite city of St Andrews to the north of Perth will hold about 250,000 people and will be built by Japanese businessman and stae government it will be a highly skilled workforce and a high proportion i would imagine will come from overseas and this would make it an ideal time to host the commonwealth games apart from Basketball, Tennis, Boxing and various other venues all others would have to be upgraded or new stadiums constructed but Perth has an oversupply of land the main highway to the southern suburbs goes through, bush, farms, suburbia there is plenty of land to use north, south and east for Perth to sccomadate an Olympic Village, I think an Olympic Stadium of about 85-90,000 people could be built, as you will have a huge population in WA by that time. I predict Perth to hold the 2052 Olympic Games.
Perth's boom has busted ifyou hadn't noticed .
I too have never heard of St Andrews .
What are they going to drink - saltwater ?
Perth - lush :roll:

My friends , the true picture of Perth is that it is a really really nice City but it suffers increasing from lack of water ,lack of all types of accomodation ,lack of general infrastructure and no sporting infrastructure worth mentioning .Yes we have an abundant supply of sand hills to pitch some tents and have a cut lunch .

yob
Platinum

Re: Re:

Post by yob »

Nines wrote:
Egan wrote:I deffinately think that Perth will be an ideal place for the Olympics it is the fastest growing capital city in Australia and with the construction of the new sattelite city of St Andrews to the north of Perth will hold about 250,000 people and will be built by Japanese businessman and stae government it will be a highly skilled workforce and a high proportion i would imagine will come from overseas and this would make it an ideal time to host the commonwealth games apart from Basketball, Tennis, Boxing and various other venues all others would have to be upgraded or new stadiums constructed but Perth has an oversupply of land the main highway to the southern suburbs goes through, bush, farms, suburbia there is plenty of land to use north, south and east for Perth to sccomadate an Olympic Village, I think an Olympic Stadium of about 85-90,000 people could be built, as you will have a huge population in WA by that time. I predict Perth to hold the 2052 Olympic Games.

My friends , the true picture of Perth is that it is a really really nice City but it suffers increasing from lack of water ,lack of all types of accomodation ,lack of general infrastructure and no sporting infrastructure worth mentioning .Yes we have an abundant supply of sand hills to pitch some tents and have a cut lunch .

...it was 8 years ago. Give the guy some credit. :lol:

Nines
Silver

Re: Re:

Post by Nines »

yob wrote:
Nines wrote:

...it was 8 years ago. Give the guy some credit. :lol:
Never you had a soft spot for the schoolboy .

OK what credit should I give him ?

What has changed in 8 years (except for the bust) ?

Oh oh oh oh.................. I know .............

Force crowds have gone down considerably :lol:

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Perth isn't that bad......any place with a pub called The Lucky Shag can't be all that bad.