The Rugby Thread

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Anthony G
Silver

Post by Anthony G »

Egan wrote:
The HSBC Waratahs are coming to ANZ Stadium to confront the marauding Crusaders on Saturday 21 March (7.40pm kick off). Why is this big news for you? As a valued member of the Rugby community, NSW Rugby is offering you a special group discount off tickets that are already the most affordable major event tickets going - purchase up to 15 tickets and save up to $100!

If you’re making this a night out, the Tooheys Tah Bar will be situated outside ANZ Stadium to get you in the mood pre-match.

All Tickets (Cat 3) - $375 (multiples of 15 tickets only)
All Tickets (Cat 4) - $225 (multiples of 15 tickets only)

The Telstra Stadium deal that the Waratahs signed that ensured that they stayed at the SFS is coming into practice this season. I think in a few years all finals that the Waratahs play are contracted out to Homebush. However it seems that they are a bit worried about attendance. I got the email through being a Force Member previously...
Surely those ticket prices are for the entire group of 15 and not individual? Does this mean they are trying to sell groups of seats rather than individual? They must really be fearful of a bad turnout

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

did anyone really expect them to get 50,000?

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

Get Beckham to play for them and they'll fill the house.

AndrewM
Bronze

Post by AndrewM »

Egan wrote:Good fight back by the Force tonight. Do we have Andrew on this forum still?

I was about to slap Singleton's mouth when he said I don't know why the ARU chose Perth over Melbourne. Well mate, you are like many others who have under-estimated the succes of the Force has had in penetrating the Perth market.

A lot more profitable than the 2nd AFL club in Adelaide...
Yep still here..counting down the days till next season at Members Equity! I was talking to another Force member today and he said that of his original group of mates who became Force members (5) he was the only one who was still a paid up member - primarily so that come renewal time, he would then apply for membership for the rest of them..something like that. If that's a common attitude, and given the turn out to the scratch match against the Crusaders at MES at the start of the season, membership is going to head north next year

Force performance this year..sigh...seems to be turning out just like last year..sigh

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Yes, the turnovers is what makes me pull my hair out. Oh well, I think participation rates in Rugby are doing well. I think we will not be a success until we get the Sandgroper spirit coming through the entire team with a few more home grown players coming through. This will eventually happen if we have the participation rates continuing to increase.

As long as the Force keeps making a profit, the crowd situation becomes irrelevent.

Off to the Rugby 7s on Saturday, man I am deprived of Rugby and home matches at Subiaco Oval.

Force v Wellington Hurricanes is engrained in my memory still. I will be telling that I was there to my grandkids in 50 years time 8)

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

ELV's rejected by the IRB. Long live penalty goals.

AndrewM
Bronze

Post by AndrewM »

There are some aspects of
traditional
rugby which I miss, realmauls and rucking but I think that Super 14 continuing to use the ELV's in some shape is a good idea. personally I think the speed of the ELV game can only make the players of S14 countries better at the international level against the
others
[/i]

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

I enjoyed the Rugby 7s yesterday.

The amount of Kenyans at the ground was heatening. A mix of Kenyan, aussie and british chants - loved it 8)

Now that I can't go to this dig may go down for the last day. The amount of Force fans at the 7s was far greater than for any other Super 14 team in Australia.

AndrewM
Bronze

Post by AndrewM »

So that explains why there was only 15K at Subi on Friday then!

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

A solid contingent. I am wondering how many live in Adelaide?

Big game this week against the Hurricanes at Subi. 22,000 I reckon with the Kiwi fans and the big win...

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

Wouldn't hurt them playing on the most boring day of the year either.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Sad story about Shawn Mackay's passing in Durban. He will be sadly missed by the Rugby community. thoughts go out to family and club.

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/articles/ ... 81159.html

sevans
Bronze

Post by sevans »

News today about Shawn Mackay passing away in Durban. Terribly sad day for Rugby in Australia and the Brumbies. Thoughts to the club, his friends and his family.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Terribly sad day for sport in Australia :(

I was surprised at the lack of media attention when he was injured. They expected him to pull out of the coma, a shock that he passed away.

Commiserations to friends and family.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

dibo wrote:
Egan wrote:
dibo wrote:
fixed.
Depends on how you look at AFL figures in your judgement of player participation...
going along to an auskick clinic and getting a ball, hat and backpack does not equal registering to play aussie rules.
bumping this little spat between Dibo and Egan...

found the stats from the AFL that ought to settle the debate. Here:

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/h ... tml?page=2

ignore the spinny article from Roy and look at the pdf links on the left.