The Rugby Thread

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

dibo wrote:
fixed.
Depends on how you look at AFL figures in your judgement of player participation...

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

Egan wrote:
dibo wrote:
fixed.
Depends on how you look at AFL figures in your judgement of player participation...
going along to an auskick clinic and getting a ball, hat and backpack does not equal registering to play aussie rules.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

going along to an auskick clinic and getting a ball, hat and backpack does not equal registering to play aussie rules.
Does everyone who participates in Auskick, just rocking up to a clinic in NSW?

Because from my experience Auskick isn't just a one off clinic...

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

Yeah that's my experience also. At my footy club, Auskick is held every Saturday morning, there are 15 sessions for the year each going for 90 minutes. Last year we had 180 kids involved. I would have thought they'd use the same setup country-wide?

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

There are different lengths of time, school clinics might only go for roughly a term so 9-10 weeks at most. To be honest its the best $45 (or it might be $55 by now) you can spend for a 6-12 year old. The package you get with it has got to be worth the amount you pay anyway let alone all the actual teaching.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Well the 2011 Rugby World Cup venues have been decided.

Australia are going to play group games in Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland...

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

http://multimedia.stuff.co.nz/thepress/RWC.pdf

There's some sh*t holes in that list which will require more than a lick of paint by 2011..

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

i would like to announce now i am distancing myself as far as possible from this impending national embarrassment.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

IanRitchie wrote:i would like to announce now i am distancing myself as far as possible from this impending national embarrassment.
:lol:

If I go, I can't wait to head to Eden Puke on the train and see the meltdown that occurs with an extra 15,000 people causing chaos in the vicinity of the ground :lol:

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Have rugby union gone all FIFA on us and banned the use of commercial names for the World Cup Stadiums? Otherwise WTF is Wellington Regional Stadium?

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Have rugby union gone all FIFA on us and banned the use of commercial names for the World Cup Stadiums? Otherwise WTF is Wellington Regional Stadium?
Probably IRB wanted to go to the extreme after the last diabolical situation with New Zealand not prepared to offer clean stadiums for the last World Cup...

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

beastjim wrote:Have rugby union gone all FIFA on us and banned the use of commercial names for the World Cup Stadiums? Otherwise WTF is Wellington Regional Stadium?
Yes...they get a bigger fee that way. You will find every international sporting event heading that way just look at the bond the UK had to pay for 2012 olympics....Germany paid for South Africas

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Good fight back by the Force tonight. Do we have Andrew on this forum still?

I was about to slap Singleton's mouth when he said I don't know why the ARU chose Perth over Melbourne. Well mate, you are like many others who have under-estimated the succes of the Force has had in penetrating the Perth market.

A lot more profitable than the 2nd AFL club in Adelaide...

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

The HSBC Waratahs are coming to ANZ Stadium to confront the marauding Crusaders on Saturday 21 March (7.40pm kick off). Why is this big news for you? As a valued member of the Rugby community, NSW Rugby is offering you a special group discount off tickets that are already the most affordable major event tickets going - purchase up to 15 tickets and save up to $100!

If you’re making this a night out, the Tooheys Tah Bar will be situated outside ANZ Stadium to get you in the mood pre-match.

All Tickets (Cat 3) - $375 (multiples of 15 tickets only)
All Tickets (Cat 4) - $225 (multiples of 15 tickets only)
The Telstra Stadium deal that the Waratahs signed that ensured that they stayed at the SFS is coming into practice this season. I think in a few years all finals that the Waratahs play are contracted out to Homebush. However it seems that they are a bit worried about attendance. I got the email through being a Force Member previously...

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

They initially planned for 50,000. That was revised down to 30,000 and even now they're not sure they'll get that.