The Rugby Thread

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Nines, go back in your hole.

43,000 at Telstra for the game against France was pretty dissapointing. I would have expected Suncorp to have got 50,000+

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Egan wrote:Nines, go back in your hole.

43,000 at Telstra for the game against France was pretty dissapointing. I would have expected Suncorp to have got 50,000+
They got 40,000 at Suncorp for the Wallabies v France game in July 2008.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Is that better or worse than Sydney's effort considering that Sydney has 5 times as many people :lol:

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Egan wrote:Is that better or worse than Sydney's effort considering that Sydney has 5 times as many people :lol:
Slightly over twice. :)

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

There was also a Kiwis test only a fortnight later in Brisbane last year. So you can assume the All Blacks would have detracted from the Frogs crowd. Similar situation in Sydney although it will be over a month between the games, enough to recharge the bank accounts.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

beastjim wrote:There was also a Kiwis test only a fortnight later in Brisbane last year. So you can assume the All Blacks would have detracted from the Frogs crowd. Similar situation in Sydney although it will be over a month between the games, enough to recharge the bank accounts.
It will be interesting to look at total crowds this year to see if there is any reaction to the 36% reduction in per capita wealth over the last 12 months.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

For whoever it was that sarcastically asked what the apparent temperature was at the Wallabies v France game in Canberra: -9

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

gyfox wrote:
beastjim wrote:There was also a Kiwis test only a fortnight later in Brisbane last year. So you can assume the All Blacks would have detracted from the Frogs crowd. Similar situation in Sydney although it will be over a month between the games, enough to recharge the bank accounts.
It will be interesting to look at total crowds this year to see if there is any reaction to the 36% reduction in per capita wealth over the last 12 months.
Sydney still managed many sh*t crowds during the good times.

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote:Is that better or worse than Sydney's effort considering that Sydney has 5 times as many people :lol:
Do you say that because you are poor at maths or poor at geography or both ?

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

:lol:

I am someone who is more interested in facts than numbers Nines.

Just an oversight. But glad you get your kicks over this. How's Gooch going? Doing a great job at the Dockers is he?

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote: I am someone who is more interested in facts than numbers Nines.
So you don't believe numbers can be used as facts ?

. :oops:

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

How's Gooch going?

It was an oversight late at night. At least I answer your questions, you refuse to answer my questions on Gooch and the Dockers :lol:

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote:How's Gooch going?

It was an oversight late at night. At least I answer your questions, you refuse to answer my questions on Gooch and the Dockers :lol:

Little boy if you turn your attention to the top of your screen you wil see the letters "RU" . That means the grown ups here want to talk about Rugby Union .

:(

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

:lol: :lol:

Like you ever pay attention to that when I post in threads.

Hypocrite :lol:

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Hey little boy...... bedtime .