Greg Norman: American Hero

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!

Is Greg Norman a tool?

Yes, he is.
80%
What's a tool?
20%

Total votes: 5

argee
Bronze

Greg Norman: American Hero

Post by argee »

OK. Who reckons we should tell Greg Norman where he can go jump? I mean, seriously the man is like a broken record still complaining about the 'tie' at last year's Australian PGA at Coolum between Peter Lonard and Jarrod Moseley. He said Australian golf would be internationally embarrassed yet he seems to be the only one who complained or brought it up at all. And he brings it up again even after the play-off between Ernie Els and Tiger Woods for the President's Cup a couple of weekends ago was also declared a 'tie'. Everyone deemed that to be great for the game, so what is Greg's problem. He gives those of us from North Queensland (he learnt his craft at courses in Townsville) a bad name so he is generally referred to as 'that American' up here. If anyone should feel internationally embarrassed it should be him.

james_
Silver

Post by james_ »

...and when did he last win anything?

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

What's the difference between Greg Norman and a V8 Supercar?

Anyone...

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

One sentence. Greg Norman - Australian Legend

Put australia on the map

Thanks mate, you cant fool me with your american accent and living in Florida, you are allowed to say what ever you want, you have deserved it.

It doesnt matter when he last won anything, he is recognised around the world and has done wonders for this country. I salute you the Great White Shark

As for your joke, I think its got something to do with inferior model, inferior player then other motor sports, golf players.

Waz
Silver

Post by Waz »

I've never minded him too much, but getting Lleyton Hewitt to caddy for him... he's lost most of my respect. Now, Lleyton, he's a tool!

:wink:

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

The answer to the question goes up tomorrow, unless somone gets it before then.

I'm not doubting his great contribution to Aussie Golf in years gone by. Even today his profile is good for the game. But he is outspoken and he does miss the mark on some issues.

I like it when Roy and HG talk about the Shark. Someone mentions his name and they get a wry smaile and go "aaaahh...the loser." Brilliant as only they can be.