Socceroos

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

Re: Socceroos

Post by Adelaide_United_Red »

Australia B vs Serbia B, a very high quality hit out for the ' next gen' players I thought(more intensity in the midfield third than the game against NZ for sure[standard of opposition or greasy centre wicket area?]) I was very impresed by Federici in goals, young Rhys Willams and the no-longher maligned Brett Holman. All in all, a pretty good couple of warmup hit-outs for the upcoming world cup qualifiers(to be determined on 30July) Herr Osieck certainly has the 'roos playing a much more enterprising and attacking style of football than old grumpy pants/Mr arrogance Pim Verbeek, full points to the FFA for appointing him.
As for the banners, I personally am not offended but I can see how some see them in poor taste. IF MLadic had been recently convicted instead of just acused then I would more likely have been offended. football is not a d*ckhead free zone, national games attract nationalist idiots from all over the place. We didn't label the entire Autralian Rules Community racist after he Daw incident, I'd urge posters here to keep that in mind and not to label the entire football community as one thing or another in the wake of some idiots who would likely have done the same had the event been the OzOpen Tennis or if the Sebian AFL team(sic) had been playing.

cheers, and heres to an exciting/successful journey along the road to 2014 in Brazil!

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

football is not a d*ckhead free zone, national games attract nationalist idiots from all over the place. We didn't label the entire Autralian Rules Community racist after he Daw incident, I'd urge posters here to keep that in mind and not to label the entire football community as one thing or another in the wake of some idiots who would likely have done the same had the event been the OzOpen Tennis or if the Sebian AFL team(sic) had been playing.
Re Mladic himself, it gets a bit complicated. He's been indicted, which suggest the accusations have some backing to them. To suggest that he should be freed is to suggest he should bypass the legal system and potentially denies justice for himself and the Bosnian people.

Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

Jeffles wrote:
football is not a d*ckhead free zone, national games attract nationalist idiots from all over the place. We didn't label the entire Autralian Rules Community racist after he Daw incident, I'd urge posters here to keep that in mind and not to label the entire football community as one thing or another in the wake of some idiots who would likely have done the same had the event been the OzOpen Tennis or if the Sebian AFL team(sic) had been playing.
Re Mladic himself, it gets a bit complicated. He's been indicted, which suggest the accusations have some backing to them. To suggest that he should be freed is to suggest he should bypass the legal system and potentially denies justice for himself and the Bosnian people.
Mate if its at the Hague then its bound to be complicated:) Mind you I'm just a humble a football fan, not a PhD on Balkan history/politics;) He will be freed if the case can't be proven and things have followed the due process I guess. I believe the Dutch legal system is very different to ours though I'm pretty sure they can be relied upon to uphold the recognisable "Western" basics of " innocent until proven guilty" and "Habeas Corpus" etc.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Jeffles wrote:IMO, flares are a bit cliche.
The panic and hysteria is cliche.

In places like the Netherlands they're practically handed out at the gate. Light your smokes off them. One large coke, would you like a flare sir.

skippy
Bronze

Post by skippy »

Adelaide_United_Red wrote:Australia B vs Serbia B, a very high quality hit out for the ' next gen' players I thought(more intensity in the midfield third than the game against NZ for sure[standard of opposition or greasy centre wicket area?]) I was very impresed by Federici in goals, young Rhys Willams and the no-longher maligned Brett Holman. All in all, a pretty good couple of warmup hit-outs for the upcoming world cup qualifiers(to be determined on 30July) Herr Osieck certainly has the 'roos playing a much more enterprising and attacking style of football than old grumpy pants/Mr arrogance Pim Verbeek, full points to the FFA for appointing him.
As for the banners, I personally am not offended but I can see how some see them in poor taste. IF MLadic had been recently convicted instead of just acused then I would more likely have been offended. football is not a d*ckhead free zone, national games attract nationalist idiots from all over the place. We didn't label the entire Autralian Rules Community racist after he Daw incident, I'd urge posters here to keep that in mind and not to label the entire football community as one thing or another in the wake of some idiots who would likely have done the same had the event been the OzOpen Tennis or if the Sebian AFL team(sic) had been playing.

cheers, and heres to an exciting/successful journey along the road to 2014 in Brazil!
The 28k attendance was a few more than I expected. It's a pity they didn't use the retractable seating as the viewing from the bottom tier was lousy. It shows that Melbourne badly needs a purpose built rectangular stadium with the capacity to hold these events.

Soaks
Bronze

Post by Soaks »

Adelaide_United_Red wrote: football is not a d*ckhead free zone, national games attract nationalist idiots from all over the place.
And that's what gives me the irates about "football" in Australia.I have grown up with 1st & 2nd generation Croats (I am one myself) who are Aussie as until Croatia comes to town then all of a sudden they develop really bad Borat accents and start raiding the marinas for flares.Meatheads!

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Soaks wrote:
Adelaide_United_Red wrote: football is not a d*ckhead free zone, national games attract nationalist idiots from all over the place.
And that's what gives me the irates about "football" in Australia.I have grown up with 1st & 2nd generation Croats (I am one myself) who are Aussie as until Croatia comes to town then all of a sudden they develop really bad Borat accents and start raiding the marinas for flares.Meatheads!
Well when aussie rules is played in Croatia then it can be an aussie rules problem too.

Comes with the territory of being the world game.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Maybe this is the Yugo equivalent of, "being a drunken disgrace in Bali."

Laz
Bronze

Post by Laz »

It's the idiots that decide to throw them off the third tier that is the problem, a few got thrown in the Cbd earlier that day aswell. Wouldn't surprise me one bit that it's the same group of clowns who turn up at the Aus open every year and march around like complete tools.

Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

Laz wrote:It's the idiots that decide to throw them off the third tier that is the problem, a few got thrown in the Cbd earlier that day aswell. Wouldn't surprise me one bit that it's the same group of clowns who turn up at the Aus open every year and march around like complete tools.
this.

its the inferrence that this is only Soccer's problem that really annoys me. Where's the outrage at the tennis incidents(or is that not an issue because we've had a world champion in that sport? last millenium of course.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

because those incidents happened last millenium?

bazza
Silver

Post by bazza »

Adelaide_United_Red wrote:Where's the outrage at the tennis incidents(or is that not an issue because we've had a world champion in that sport? last millenium of course.
not reading enough Andrew Bolt

Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

bazza wrote:
Adelaide_United_Red wrote:Where's the outrage at the tennis incidents(or is that not an issue because we've had a world champion in that sport? last millenium of course.
One only has a finite supply of brain cells, once alcohol usage has been accounted for, one cannot be expected to read that cretin and maintain the ability to walk upright and chew gum at the same time for too much longer. ;)

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

bazza wrote:

Him or it becomes a special investigative report on today tonight / ACA.....If only these upsatrts thowing flares were on the dole, fat. or looked good in a bra.....maybe if Coles / Woolies had a price diffrence on flares.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

the crow wrote:maybe if Coles / Woolies had a price diffrence on flares.
WHAT'S THEIR MARKUP???