Glory to be Plane bound

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Egan
Platinum

Glory to be Plane bound

Post by Egan »

Guys for those of you who think coming to Perth once a year is a tough trip, and we have such a big advantage have a look at the away program for the Perth Glory before the game in Brisbane it totals something like 37,000 kms and 72 hrs in a plane.
Week 1
Travel to Brisbane, travel back to Perth
Week 2
Travel to Sydney, then travel to Auckland, repeated going home
Week 3,4,5
Travel to Sydney and home for three weeks
Week 6
have a home game in Joondalup
they then fly away for the next three weeks, then they have a massive glug of home games

It just shows how much the away factor does hurt, I think the glory will not reach there peak until late in the season, because of this fixturing, but they could do nan Olympic or a Sth Melb and win all before them, like those clubs the season before last. I really think were going to struggle the first half of the season, we looked ordinary in Perth and in Brisbane.

Come finals time anything can happen, suprise of the week was Northern Spirit, i had them written off for the season, didnt even think they would have had a chance.

Ahh, don't you love NSL season in Perth, Perthsmike did you get to the game? Did u see the goals? The Glory played absolutly pathetic compared to normal when u go to a game at Multipurpose Stadium (Perth Oval) you will see a new team. They play this ground like no other team, the atmosphere will be rocking for that opener, im so looking forward to it.

Mr J
Bronze

Post by Mr J »

why the hell dont they telecast games. I reckon if they started giving the game a bit more exposure it would attract 5000 more people, it would give me an insesntive to go, as i would liek to watch it a few times on tv then go there. It would make it alot bigger. Whats going on with the tv rights. Soccer is one of the ebsts sports to watc but i find it hard to get into a compition in england or sumthing. Local soccer though would be great. Im sure the TV networks would earn alot fo mney if it was telecasted more, like even 2 games a week. Once the ball started rolling the network would be in the money.