WAFL Attendance Figures

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Rob
Gold

Re: WAFL Attendance Figures

Post by Rob »

Alas I didn't make it.....family comes first. Shame I didn't, following it online and it looks to be a pretty good game.

Soaks
Bronze

Post by Soaks »

Egan wrote:
nobleoz wrote:Re BRL:
IIRC before nationalisation of VFL & NSWRL a Brisbane finals with Brothers regularly got 25,000. SANFL & WAFL always got about double that - which is why Westlakes was built & Subiaco had to be increased. As for weekly H&A attendances, PAFC regularly got 12,000 at Alberton - & over 20,000 for big games (EG Norwood). I doubt BRL got more than 3,000 for average games, but I stand to be corrected.
You'll actually find it was only in the AFL era that they actually expanded Subiaco Oval. You know we haven't built venues in any part of our history.

We spent a truckload on Perry Lakes in 62, spent a bit on a three tier stand in 69, but the Members Stand and Two Tier Stand had been built, with terracing behind the goals at the city end and on the northern end of the ground was just a grass bank.

Redevelopments in 95 and 99 added to the stands that were built in 69 (Three tier and Two Tier Stands)and destroyed the old Members stand.

The three tier stand was built in 1969 and is called the Orr-Simmons-Hill stand (never knew that.Everyone just calls it the three tier stand).
The two tier stand on the northern side was completed in 1981 and the terracing was on the southern wing.The grass bank was behind the goals at the eastern end (or city end) and that was turned into terracing in 1995 when the stands were finished along the southern side.It was all finished in 1999 and remains a useless piece of crap.

Congrats to Claremont for smashing the Northern Bullants tonight.I watched The Bullants beat the Collingwood reserves in Melbourne last week and I thought Claremont might struggle but they made The Bullants look second rate.Its been 2 from 3 by WAFL sides over VFL teams and two WAFL teams in the semi finals.Not bad for a third rate competition.

And Peel beat West Perth today :oops:

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Great day at Rushton Park, around 1700-1800 people and a large amount of West Perth supporters. We played awesome, real good buzz around Rushton Park at the moment and lots of passion from our members.

One of the interesting things about PTFC, is most of our supporters are members of the club, very few people supported Peel outside of the member enclosure today...

State Game next week and we have East Perth in a fortnight, good chance for 4 wins in 5 games.

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

Shame you can't have Barlow pick up 35 touches and 5 Sandover votes every week. :P

Soaks
Bronze

Post by Soaks »

Ben Cousins is spotted at an East Perth training session last week and this week an East Perth player fails a drug test.Mmmm

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Peel v West Perth - 1465 (generally thought there was more than that
East Perth v Subi - 2722
Sth Freo v Swan Dist - 1727
Est Freo v Perth - 1408

We didn't get the lowest crowd of the round though...

Soaks
Bronze

Post by Soaks »

Egan wrote: Sth Freo v Swan Dist - 1727
I don't believe that.I watched that game and it looked more like 2700 than 1700.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Soaks wrote:
Egan wrote: Sth Freo v Swan Dist - 1727
I don't believe that.I watched that game and it looked more like 2700 than 1700.
The terraces are decieving in terms of crowd size, especially because it was a fine day, people would have abandoned sitting in the Victoria Pavillion...

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Any of you Western Australian Mob going to go to the State Game? See them smash the Queensland Team?
I do predict 1 quarter of competiveness from Qld.

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

I notice Albert Proud named for Queensland. Hopefully they've replaced all the glasses at Rushton park with plastic ones.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Do girls in WA know how to duck? If so they will be when he starts doing the traditional glass throwing ceremony.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

beastjim wrote:Any of you Western Australian Mob going to go to the State Game? See them smash the Queensland Team?
I do predict 1 quarter of competiveness from Qld.
I'll be there decked out in my Thunder gear, they have a band on at 7:30pm!

Soaks
Bronze

Post by Soaks »

beastjim wrote:Do girls in WA know how to duck? If so they will be when he starts doing the traditional glass throwing ceremony.

The girls over here will probably chuck them straight back at him.

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

Well that was nearly f***ing embarassing.

Soaks
Bronze

Post by Soaks »

WA were 40 odd points up with 15 minutes to go and stopped,or else a 20 goal breeze came out of nowhere.

Seemed like a half decent crowd considering the weather,opponent and where it was played.