Aust football Under 18 national championships

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

sandyhill wrote:I only post in this forum because umlike the moron forum you're obviously used to, it tolerates good cross code issues.
Rugby union being the exception that proves the rule :lol:

I wish the AFL site would webcast (free) the under 18s like they did last season.

libbs
Bronze

Post by libbs »

sandyhill wrote:I don't think I've resorted to this in the past here, but he's asked for it - Libbs, could you do us all a favour and kindly p1ss off back to the Moron Victory forum where you belong, you fqrking ignorant cretin.

I only post in this forum because umlike the moron forum you're obviously used to, it tolerates good cross code issues. Its half-wits like you that help turn people right off the code you follow.
Sorry about that mate, but when you have endured years of sh*t from AFL people (and still do to this day), you become a little peed off at the game of Aussie Rules over time! But I must admit, it is slowly getting better.....!

sandyhill
Gold
Location: Just across the road from Australia's largest stadium

Post by sandyhill »

yob wrote:
sandyhill wrote:I only post in this forum because umlike the moron forum you're obviously used to, it tolerates good cross code issues.
Rugby union being the exception that proves the rule :lol: ...
:lol: :lol: Well, you have to draw the line somewhere!! Anyway, just following the Austadiums rules. :wink:
yob wrote:... I wish the AFL site would webcast (free) the under 18s like they did last season.
Yeah - though Div 1 games are on Foxtel so I've been told.
libbs wrote:... Sorry about that mate, but when you have endured years of sh*t from AFL people (and still do to this day), you become a little peed off at the game of Aussie Rules over time! But I must admit, it is slowly getting better.....!
OK, apology accepted. As someone who played both codes in country Vic (and had to travel 200 km to play against our nearest soccer opponent!), let me tell you there's one-eyed idiots in both codes - but most are good blokes in both. It may also be your own attitude that contributes to the sh1t you cop.

And AFL isn't a game, or else A-League and EPL are games. :wink:
Its Australian Football.
Last edited by sandyhill on Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

I think we're tolerant of RU here. It's not like we stifle discussion, we're just being critical.

AFL is the name of the code - at least according to this from an official AFL website.

Maybe I should stop putting a (sic) in front of AFL...

Good to see NSW-ACT have a win. Those millions of dollars are paying off. Now can they please have a rep side in SOO??

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

That image reminds me of my presentation and assignment and where I will have to agree with what Egan said to me.

I'll get marked down as people from NSW are nonces and have no idea about AFL no sic.

sandyhill
Gold

Post by sandyhill »

Bloody evil AFL! :evil: They don't own the code - but, as always, money talks.

Besides both Vic teams being thrashed, the biggest surprise so far has been Tassie taking Queensland to the cleaners. I gues we won't have 11 Queensalnders selected in this years draft like we have in each of the previous 2 years.

Here's the HUN's report on the Vic losses -

Vic Metro's reality check at Subiaco
02 July 2007 Herald Sun
Gareth Trickey

VICTORIA Metro got a sobering reality check in Saturday's 48-point loss to Western Australia at Subiaco, coach David Dickson said. WA was superior in all areas of the game, but it was the home side's midfield that was the difference in the first game of the under-18 national championships. Rhys Palmer and Luke Sampey dominated in the midfield to help WA win 15.16 (106) to 8.10 (58 ).

Dickson said the tall Metro squad lacked pace and skill in the midfield. "In previous years we were criticised for recruiting small-bodied players," Dickson said. "This year we picked a tall team and our midfield was just cleaned out." Northern Knights ruckman Matthew Kreuzer and Dandenong centre half-forward Scott Simpson were the rare shining lights. Adam Maric kicked three goals for Metro and Jack Grimes two.

Dickson praised Kreuzer's efforts. "Matthew Kreuzer's heart is one of the biggest hearts I've ever seen of anyone I've ever coached," he said. "He is a fantastic young man and did everything he could to lift us." A concussion for Adam Maric compounded the loss and Dickson said it was uncertain whether he would play against South Australia at Skilled Stadium on Friday.

Victoria Country lost against South Australia at AAMI Stadium yesterday by 50 points, 17.10 (112) to 9.8 (62). Gippsland's Haelen Kay kicked three goals for Country while club teammate Dan McKenna and Geelong's Chris Kangars were among Country's best.

Country plays WA on Friday at Skilled Stadium.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Jeffles wrote:I think we're tolerant of RU here. It's not like we stifle discussion, we're just being critical.
We're promoting debate which is the sign of a healthy democracy. IMO.

sandyhill
Gold

Post by sandyhill »

yob wrote:
Jeffles wrote:I think we're tolerant of RU here. It's not like we stifle discussion, we're just being critical.
We're promoting debate which is the sign of a healthy democracy. IMO.
And we're only doing it it to try and improve them - for their own good.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Tough love, bitches.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

sandyhill wrote: And we're only doing it it to try and improve them - for their own good.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yet trying whenever possible to state that the Force's Revolution is going to come to an abrupt halt :lol:

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Don't deny it

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Forces Revolution

Sounds like a good name for an ARC franchise.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Simmo79 wrote:Don't deny it
Denied.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

No stairway?

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »