Athens Olympic Stadium

Chat about stadiums in New Zealand and all around the world!
athens2004n@suvgitomati
Bronze

Post by athens2004n@suvgitomati »

sounds really foul, don't it.After all that the austarlians said about us, "shame on greece who's supposed to have olympic tradition""If Greece thinks they are gonna take our crown they are wrong" and the heronic, silly(not to mention anything worse) comments "I would like to see the opening ceremony.I can imagine....bla bla bla :roll: What can i say.Like scorpions said :"We could be so close like brothers".Pity.Shame on you guys.Imagine whatever you want.We imagined our own Greece when nobody believed, prejudiced, overcriticised, lied.And we did it!! :lol:
Now i can see that this thread is indeed dead.It's over BECAUSE;You got nothing nasty to say.Yeah well then, enjoy it!!

aikinn
Bronze

Post by aikinn »

Hello from Hellas (please forget the name Greece, it is bad for us). The opening ceremony will be great. About the acts i suppose that you allready know. The 2 new things are that first Bjork will sing one song and the second that dj TIESTO (No1 in the world the last 2 years) will play HIS MUSIC during the presentation of the national teams. There will be a huge TRANCE-RAVE-PROGRESSIVE PARTY inside the stadium. And if you add and the way that the holy flame will light on, it is sure that this ceremony will be the BEST ever. My friends from the other side of this world, turn your tv on and set the volume on 100!!! A great party is about to begin in 2 days!!!

P.S.:Someone asked about the happenings in Athens. First of all, Athens has thousand of places and thousand of clubs, bars, taverns with live music, and many many other places that anyone can have great fun. Except these, from tomorrow there will be happenings every night in about 10 central squares. That means 10x18=180 events during the Games. Not bad at all i think. Hope to see you here!!!

projected
Bronze

Post by projected »

officialy the events during the games are 630 8)

aikinn
Bronze

Post by aikinn »

180 is the number of the places that someone can go during the olympic games. In every place there will be 3 or 4 or 5 different artists. That makes 630 events. Thank you for correcting me.

Joey
Silver

Post by Joey »

I really "dig" the stadium.

Lucretius
Bronze

Post by Lucretius »

Well, the Olympics are over. What do you say now? 8)

Mr J
Bronze

Post by Mr J »

Australia still hosted the best Olympics to date :P

projected
Bronze

Post by projected »

Athens 2004 =best games ever . No doubt . :P

2004:The year of Greece
Bronze

Post by 2004:The year of Greece »

Well,despite World's predictions,the Games were very successful,<<dreamed>> as Roggue said. :P

I dont really care if these Games were the best ever.History will answer to this question.But,it is sure that other cities will never have the opportunity to organise some sports in their real birthplace (For Example Panathinaiko Stadium,Marathon Race,Ancient Olympia)

So,our games were 100% UNIQUE.

And I am sure that the Athens' Opening Ceremony will be a reference point of the following Olympiads

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

I wonder if the Greeks still inhabit this post

Before I make any assumptions, I will ask whats happening to your stadiums. Have been reading reports that construction in a year has forced costly repair bills and nearly every single stadium is a white elephant...leaking roofs, cracks.

But I will not pass judgement until I hear some info...last time it caused mayhem...will have some searching on their page.

Man it was interesting reading...the Olympics were a phenomenal success, and loved it completely...its a pity I have to wait another 3 years for the next one :(

Well Done Greece...now its searching for info on these apparent dodgy stadiums.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Our greek mates were so nice to us...they give alot of useful information...if you want to view the thread I created here it is

http://www.stadia.gr/forum/viewtopic.php?p=47357#47357

...still a few stadiums are not being utilised...but its still not as bad as I had read...it seems it has developed great facilities for the Greek soccer teams and all the major sports in Greece...What i found most enlightening is that they are keeping their great Beach Volleyball Centre...unlike Australia.

Heres the rundown that Admin gave me
Olympic Stadium - Used by AEK Football Club
Olympic Sports Hall - Used by Panathinaikos Basketball CLub (& occasionally for concerts)
Olympic Aquatic Centre - Used by Panathinaikos Water Polo Team (& by numerous swimming amateur clubs for training)
Olympic Velodrome - Used by the Greek Cycling Federation for training and events
Olympic Tennis Center - Not decided yet
Galatsi Arena - Used by AEK Basketball Club
Goudi Olympic Complex - Indoor Hall used for "Cats" musical, outdoor facilities serve as training grounds for amateur clubs and the public
Ano Liossia Arena - To be turned into a cultural centre
Nikea Indoor Hall (weightlifting) - Occasionally used for conferences
Peristeri Indoor Hall - Currently being turned into a multisports centre
Schinias Rowing Centre - Not decided yet (will probably be turned into a natural park)
Markopoulo Shooting Centre - Not decided yet
Markopoulo Equastrian Centre - Partly used as Athens Race-course, other part to be developed for tourism (hotel and golf course)
Helliniko Arena - Not decided yet (occasionally used for concerts)
Helliniko Baseball, Softball & Hockey fields - Not decided yet
Helliniko Canoe Kayak Centre - To be turned into a waterpark
Agios Kosmas Olympic Sailing Centre - To be turned into a marina
Faliro Arena (Tae-kwon-do) - Used as a conference centre
Beach Volleyball Centre - Will continue to host beach volleyball and also serve as an open-air theater
Peace & Friendship Stadium - Used by Olympiakos Basketball Club (also hosted a european volleyball final-4 last week and also indoor athletics during the winter)
Karaiskaki Stadium - Used by Olympiakos Football Club
Kaftanzoglio Stadium - Used by Iraklis Football Club
Pancretan Stadium - Used by Ergotelis Football Club
Panpeloponnesian Stadium - Not decided yet
Panthessalian Stadium - Used by Niki Volou Football Club