Stadiums you've been to?

Chat about stadiums in New Zealand and all around the world!
Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

kilonewton wrote:Going to Berlin this weekend, but don't think I'll be allowed the time to wander off to the Olympiastadion. :(
I know what you mean.

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

Jeffles wrote:
kilonewton wrote:Going to Berlin this weekend, but don't think I'll be allowed the time to wander off to the Olympiastadion. :(
I know what you mean.

That's how I roll

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

OK, so no Olympiastadion, but how does Twickenham & Stade de France in successive weeks strike you?
Hard to split the two in terms of quality of atmosphere, Stade de France possibly has better facilities in terms of the stands I was sat in. I was in the top deck at Stade de France, and was able to see most of Paris through the gap between the stand and the rof. Got a bit distracted when the Eiffel Tower started its hourly sparkle show at 10pm.

Seriously, 9pm is far too late a kickoff, would have annoyed me if I was able to drink after the match. :(

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

A good win and a lucky get off from the LOLabies

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

I'll say this in here because we reserve rugby threads for pictures of pretty ladies

northern hemisphere RU is probably the worst football played anywhere in any code. And I follow a club coached by John Kosmina. It's bloody dire. I don't know how their fans find it so enjoyable. The whole strategy is to play for territory and wait for a penalty to be conceded by the defenders. FFS it's horrible.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Simmo79 wrote:I'll say this in here because we reserve rugby threads for pictures of pretty ladies

northern hemisphere RU is probably the worst football played anywhere in any code. And I follow a club coached by John Kosmina. .
You forget cellar dweller clashes when Perth Glory is involved...remind you of the 4000 sized crowd at Perth that witnessed shitness of epic proportions...

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

From two consecutive highs, down with a thump today. The Glassworld Stadium in Impington, home of Histon FC. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_Road,_Impington
Romance of the FA Cup.... not so romantic when you're freezing your arse off watching your team lose! Record crowd, 4103.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Egan wrote:
Simmo79 wrote:I'll say this in here because we reserve rugby threads for pictures of pretty ladies

northern hemisphere RU is probably the worst football played anywhere in any code. And I follow a club coached by John Kosmina. .
You forget cellar dweller clashes when Perth Glory is involved...remind you of the 4000 sized crowd at Perth that witnessed shitness of epic proportions...
I'm baffled by your ability to turn almost any post on any topic back around to WA. It truly is a gift.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Simmo79 wrote:
I'm baffled by your ability to turn almost any post on any topic back around to WA. It truly is a gift.
Nah mate, just debating you on the worst football in the world...No way is anything worse than watching Glory at MES when they are playing a team equally as crap.

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

haha Simmo I've been saying that for years!! He's got a special talent.

kilonewton - what are the two consecutive highs you're referring to?

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

cam wrote:haha Simmo I've been saying that for years!! He's got a special talent.
Just as I can not recall you critiquing one Melbourne crowd or anything to do with Melbourne. :wink:

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Simmo79 wrote:
Egan wrote:

If any of you read Sky Scraper City, you will probably know about BSD and Ballina. Another person who has the same gift, although I would say he (BSD) uses it alot more then mr Egan here.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

beastjim wrote:. Another person who has the same gift, although I would say he (BSD) uses it alot more then mr Egan here.
LOL at being called Mr, reminds me of Indonesia...

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

cam wrote:haha Simmo I've been saying that for years!! He's got a special talent.

kilonewton - what are the two consecutive highs you're referring to?
Twickenham & Stade de France for wins.

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

stadium:mk today. Best League 1 stadium I've been to. Padded seats all round, even in the away end! Bit weird that they've installed the concrete shell of the second tier, but not put in anything else up there. Suppose they'll finish it if/when they start filling it regularly.