Stadiums you've been to?

Chat about stadiums in New Zealand and all around the world!
Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Spud, NSW have a tour game against NZ from November 13-16 and a Sheffield Shield game against Victoria at the SCG from November 4-7. You can do the SCG tour but try and fit it around these games.

britishspud
Silver

Post by britishspud »

the sheffield shield game sounds like a winner...cheers

timmers
Bronze
Location: Sydney's Hills, where public transport doesn't exist

Post by timmers »

Jeffles wrote:Spud, NSW have a tour game against NZ from November 13-16 and a Sheffield Shield game against Victoria at the SCG from November 4-7. You can do the SCG tour but try and fit it around these games.
Another reason to go to the shield game would be if you are a little short on cash, I believe the tickets are just $1.

I'm not sure how much the tour match would be, probably not too much more.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

you can get into the museum during a sheild game.....maybe a quick peek of the new VT stand.......only the members reserve are usually available for a sheild game......PM me i might have some info.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

timmers wrote:
Another reason to go to the shield game would be if you are a little short on cash, I believe the tickets are just $1.
Geeze, I paid $5 concession today. Would have been $10 if I had said I was an adult...

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

I thought Sheffield Shield at the SCG was $7 for adults and $1 for concession.

The best value is in a NSW season ticket. $50 new or $45 renew. I paid $45 and will have entry for 5 one dayers (valued at $75), all the Shield games ($7 per day), the Twenty20 games ($15 per day) and the NZ tour match (value unknown). Plus you get a discount on food and beverage at the SCG during NSW games and a discount on merchandise. I reckon I saved over $100 last year.

But we are getting off topic. I add Mt Smart Stadium Number 2 as the most recent new stadium I have visited.

bazza
Silver

Post by bazza »

I had my first trip to Old Trafford last weekend for the super league grand final

britishspud
Silver

Post by britishspud »

been to OT once, for the euro 96 semi final, i hate the place

bazza
Silver

Post by bazza »

britishspud wrote:been to OT once, for the euro 96 semi final, i hate the place
Yes it was somewhat unappealing. It also didn't look very big. It can fit 70,000 but looked smaller than somewhere like the SFS

britishspud
Silver

Post by britishspud »

i think thats cos it's square and built up instead of out, like dortmunds westfalenstadion that place holds 80,000+ but looks the size of anfield :shock:

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

Well, I'm still in one piece. :D
The north stand at the Den needs some new seats after a small (d1ckhead) minority of Leeds fans decided to lob a few in the direction of the Millwall fans when we went 2-1 down. None made the distance, one even almost didn't make it out of the stand, the people down the front had a lucky escape.
The whole experience was very unpleasant. Made me miss sitting next to Collingwood fans at the 'G :shock:

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

"We all hate Millwall" was sung to a Millwall fan in the Glory Shed pub today :lol:

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

Egan wrote:"We all hate Millwall" was sung to a Millwall fan in the Glory Shed pub today :lol:
Were they about 15? That was the average age of the Millwall "fans" that seemed to spend all match looking at the Leeds end, chanting stuff about Istanbul (absolute disgrace, but then so was the Leeds response about Budapest) and not watching the game.
On a brighter note, off to Roots Hall in Sarfend Tuesday week. Hopefully the result will be better and the more moronic elements of the Leeds support don't travel to mid-week games.
Going to Berlin this weekend, but don't think I'll be allowed the time to wander off to the Olympiastadion. :(

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

He was a Glory Shed Member, so he was in his 40's - 50's. The whole Glory support base bagged the crap out of him :lol:

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

kilonewton wrote: Going to Berlin this weekend, but don't think I'll be allowed the time to wander off to the Olympiastadion. :(
Tell me now you are kidding me :shock:

Probably my favourite stadium in all of Europe...