new SCG stand gap

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
NRLandMore
Bronze

new SCG stand gap

Post by NRLandMore »

Can anyone tell me why there is a gap in the soon-to-be-built SCG stand?

Please tell me its not just there to look nice and all that artsy fartsy crap. Looks to me as though they could fit more seats instead of having a gap in the stand.

very happy to be proved wrong though.

I'm new to the stadiums fan club. Hope its a long stay.

Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

Re: new SCG stand gap

Post by Adelaide_United_Red »

View back towards the city? The view?

PenrithWelsh
Bronze

Post by PenrithWelsh »

It'll probably be filled in the next time there's a need to increase the capacity anyway.

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

Probably for looks, looks silly though! While on the subject of the SCG redevelopment, it may well be related, or not, but I heard due to a contract in place between the NSW Government and ANZ Stadium, the full capaicty of the redeveloped SCG cannot be used until a certain year. Haven't researched it, but has anyone else heard that? If if so, what the numbers are?

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

2 reasons, previously the Nobel stand was members the Bradman was GA...so this has been maintained....ie north stand is not all for members but it can be divided in many ways for cricket AFL...and There is a central column in this gap holding up the roof, stands have been shaped to avoid obstructed views.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Which is similar to the top level at Suncorp, right?

I like that the facade of the western stairwell of the MA Noble stand is being preserved along with its clock.

NRLandMore
Bronze

Post by NRLandMore »

the crow wrote:2 reasons, previously the Nobel stand was members the Bradman was GA...so this has been maintained....ie north stand is not all for members but it can be divided in many ways for cricket AFL...and There is a central column in this gap holding up the roof, stands have been shaped to avoid obstructed views.
Ah ok, thanks.