SCG Northern Stand

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
Boba Fett
Silver

Re: SCG Northern Stand

Post by Boba Fett »

Interesting that what Ch 9 News claims is "exclusive" and "news" is what has been in the Trust's newsletters for at least a year now I think.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

aus16 wrote:I saw the report, it was just a few more details about the scg and as site after the stand works are completed. Some new pictures of the already announced grand plan including a huge video screen the length of allianz stadium to be the new facade and a mesh translucent roof to enclose the venue.
I thought they couldn't put a roof on the SFS until after 2031 according to the Stadium Australia government agreement, it's the same document that caps the SCG to 48 k.

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

the crow wrote:
aus16 wrote:I saw the report, it was just a few more details about the scg and as site after the stand works are completed. Some new pictures of the already announced grand plan including a huge video screen the length of allianz stadium to be the new facade and a mesh translucent roof to enclose the venue.
I thought they couldn't put a roof on the SFS until after 2031 according to the Stadium Australia government agreement, it's the same document that caps the SCG to 48 k.
And seeing as this Ch 9 report is all pie-in-the-sky wishlist stuff that is completely unfunded, I wouldn't be getting too excited about any of it just yet.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

I wouldn't get excited because the length of the field still makes for sh*t football viewing. Put a roof on sh*t, still smells.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

yeah but it traps the smell in better

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Simmo79 wrote:yeah but it traps the smell in better
And the humidity. I dunno, I always found when I got home to find my dog dumped on the rug the air just had that little bit of extra drag in it.

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

yob wrote:I wouldn't get excited because the length of the field still makes for sh*t football viewing. Put a roof on sh*t, still smells.
Sit on the sideline instead of at the end. Problem solved.

Timbo
Silver

Post by Timbo »

yob wrote:I wouldn't get excited because the length of the field still makes for sh*t football viewing. Put a roof on sh*t, still smells.
It was a stadium built mainly for the rugby codes. Deal with it.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

No!

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

Timbo wrote:
So was Lang Park, Parramatta, the bubbledome and Robina - all of which are much better to watch football.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

dibo wrote:
Timbo wrote:
So was Lang Park, Parramatta, the bubbledome and Robina - all of which are much better to watch football.
SFS is 140m long I think while the others are 136m. The rules of Rugby Union recommend a 5 metre run off distance all around the pitch and an in-goal of between 10 and 22m so the 136m is a compromise somewhere in the middle.

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

the rake of the seating is the biggest problem. the SFS is only 140m since they added about 5m of seating to the front of the bays at the end, flattening the rake out and barely improving the sightlines.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

yeah and the rake and height of the ends at the Korean Mrs and Robina are far superior as well.

edit to add, the SFS would be hugely improved if they'd kept the height of the inner bowl on the sides and wrapped it consistently around the ends instead of the half-arsed design they built.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

SFS won't reduce in length as it complies with FIFA & IRB outdoor warmup requirements.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

gyfox wrote: The rules of Rugby Union recommend a 5 metre run off distance all around the pitch and an in-goal of between 10 and 22m so the 136m is a compromise somewhere in the middle.
If the running fat people need 22m to stop then maybe they should lose some f***ing weight.