Oki Jubilee Stadium

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

they were running adds during the Tour de France...stupid ones at that

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

Maybe people couldn't stomach their salad bar. :o

The_Man_Knows_It_ALL
Bronze

Post by The_Man_Knows_It_ALL »

Cheesie-the-Pirate wrote:My understanding is there are three in NSW (Carlton, Campbelltown and somewhere else) and that there are many more in Qld. Apparently the Australian management took over the US arm somehow a few years ago, making Sizzler an Australian-run company (or some such).
The other one is in Carramar near Fairfield.
Not really popular in NSW?

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

Post by Cheesie-the-Pirate »

I'm told that it was announced at last night's St George DRLFC AGM that the naming rights for Jubilee Oval have been sold. The new sponsor is so far unannounced.

The_Man_Knows_It_ALL
Bronze

Post by The_Man_Knows_It_ALL »

Cheesie-the-Pirate wrote:I'm told that it was announced at last night's St George DRLFC AGM that the naming rights for Jubilee Oval have been sold. The new sponsor is so far unannounced.
Interesting. Cellarbrations is the "Back of Jersey" Sponsor for the Club, but do they have any affiliation with Jubilee Oval?

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

WIN comes to Jubilee Oval
BY MARIANNA PAPADAKIS
25/12/2008 4:00:00 AM
KOGARAH Council has announced that WIN Corporation has been awarded naming rights for Jubilee Stadium.
Mayor Nick Varvaris made the announcement after the council voted in confidential session on December 8 to approve WIN Corp's expression of interest.

WIN Corp is believed to have paid up to $70,000 for the rights.

Negotiations are continuing between St George Illawarra Dragons and WIN Corporation over final arrangements which are expected to be revealed in January.

WIN Corp also has naming rights to WIN Stadium in Wollongong.

Lachlan McLean, a Kogarah councillor and president of the Return to Kogarah (R2K) lobby group, said ``Jubilee'' should be kept in the stadium name. ``That would clarify any confusion,'' he said. The three-stage redevelopment of Jubilee Stadium, including a $7 million

southern wing extension, was expected to be completed by December 2009.

The final date for work has been pushed to February. The council will apply for funding from Federal Government to undertake further upgrading at the stadium.

The Dragons will play rounds two and three of the 2009 NRL premiership against the Gold Coast Titans at WIN Stadium (March 20-23) and Cronulla Sharks at Jubilee Stadium (March 27-30).

WIN TV has a 24 per cent shareholding in the Dragons after contributing around $6.5 million for a stake in the Steelers in 2006.

St George Illawarra chief Peter Doust and WIN did not comment.
http://stgeorge.yourguide.com.au/news/l ... 94165.aspx

I'm guessing WIN Jubilee Oval or something like that. Potentially one of WIN's other assets - for instance SelecTV or C91.3 - could use the rights instead of WIN TV.

paul
Bronze

Post by paul »

WIN Stadium, Wollongong
WIN Jubilee Oval

I guess it's only a matter of time until WIN are the primary sponsor for the Illasox.

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

If you count ground sponsorships and their propping up of the Steelers club, Win have probably spent more on the Joint Venture Dragons that any other corporate, including St George Bank.

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

I'm good at guessing...
WIN WIN FOR DRAGONS IN 2009 15 JANUARY 2009
< Return to Archive List

Australia’s largest commercial television network, WIN Corporation will be the naming rights holders to both home grounds for the St George Illawarra Dragons in 2009 with today’s official announcement that the re-developed Kogarah venue will be known as “WIN Jubilee Oval”.

WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah and WIN Stadium, Wollongong will each host six NRL games in 2009 with the players, Red V Members, corporate partners and fans excited about the prospect of playing at two such traditional rugby league grounds in the Club’s heartland.

“WIN are extremely proud supporters of the Dragons and it's due to our unwavering support that we have committed to the Jubilee Oval naming rights partnership,” said Chairman of WIN Corporation Mr. Andrew Gordon. “The partnership is a natural extension of our association with the team, which is so much a part of the heart and soul of the Illawarra and St George region.

“We are excited that all of the Dragons home games will be played at WIN grounds in 2009," added Mr. Gordon.

Dragons CEO Peter Doust commented on the continued significant support of WIN Corporation and was very pleased the relationship has continued to grow over time.

“As Australia’s largest commercial television network and our local network, we value the partnership we have with WIN Corporation and this naming rights association with Jubilee Oval is very beneficial,” Doust said. “It is an exciting time to be coming back to WIN Jubilee Oval and we are looking to have it filled to capacity for the local derby against the Sharks in round three.”

For newly appointed Coach Wayne Bennett, it signifies an exciting time for his squad as they return to WIN Jubilee Oval Kogarah in 2009.

“I have obviously been at the ground as an away Coach but to now come here as the home Coach in the heartland of the Club will be something special.” Bennett said. “The facility looks great and it is certainly one of the great boutique grounds in Australia where players love to play and spectators love to watch.”

WIN Jubilee Oval has undergone consistent renovation over the past five years thanks to the support from the State and Federal Governments and will now provide patrons with a “first-class” facility in 2009.

The new southern wing has made a significant impact on the Kogarah landscape and will provide a major improvement in the quality of reserved grandstand seating. In addition it will house corporate facilities plus a renovated “Legends Club” and additional patron facilities.

Other features include a passenger lift and a separate goods lift to the new industrial kitchen and two preparation kitchens that will service 1,100 meals on game day.

Australia’s largest commercial television network, WIN Corporation will be the naming rights holders to both home grounds for the St George Illawarra Dragons in 2009 with today’s official announcement that the re-developed Kogarah venue will be known as “WIN Jubilee Oval”.

WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah and WIN Stadium, Wollongong will each host six NRL games in 2009 with the players, Red V Members, corporate partners and fans excited about the prospect of playing at two such traditional rugby league grounds in the Club’s heartland.

“WIN are extremely proud supporters of the Dragons and it's due to our unwavering support that we have committed to the Jubilee Oval naming rights partnership,” said Chairman of WIN Corporation Mr. Andrew Gordon. “The partnership is a natural extension of our association with the team, which is so much a part of the heart and soul of the Illawarra and St George region.

“We are excited that all of the Dragons home games will be played at WIN grounds in 2009," added Mr. Gordon.

Dragons CEO Peter Doust commented on the continued significant support of WIN Corporation and was very pleased the relationship has continued to grow over time.

“As Australia’s largest commercial television network and our local network, we value the partnership we have with WIN Corporation and this naming rights association with Jubilee Oval is very beneficial,” Doust said. “It is an exciting time to be coming back to WIN Jubilee Oval and we are looking to have it filled to capacity for the local derby against the Sharks in round three.”

For newly appointed Coach Wayne Bennett, it signifies an exciting time for his squad as they return to WIN Jubilee Oval Kogarah in 2009.

“I have obviously been at the ground as an away Coach but to now come here as the home Coach in the heartland of the Club will be something special.” Bennett said. “The facility looks great and it is certainly one of the great boutique grounds in Australia where players love to play and spectators love to watch.”

WIN Jubilee Oval has undergone consistent renovation over the past five years thanks to the support from the State and Federal Governments and will now provide patrons with a “first-class” facility in 2009.

The new southern wing has made a significant impact on the Kogarah landscape and will provide a major improvement in the quality of reserved grandstand seating. In addition it will house corporate facilities plus a renovated “Legends Club” and additional patron facilities.

Other features include a passenger lift and a separate goods lift to the new industrial kitchen and two preparation kitchens that will service 1,100 meals on game day.
http://www.dragons.com.au/index.asp?pag ... cleID=3225

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

Some nice pictures from this WORL thread:

http://groups.msn.com/WorldofRugbyLeagu ... 4856890531

1961 vs 2007

ImageImage

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Great old shot. The place had a cricket pitch and the playing surface was slightly larger.

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

waaaaah, the wings and the seats behind the goals are too far away.

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

IanRitchie wrote:waaaaah, the wings and the seats behind the goals are too far away.
i think it is further away than ideal, but it's actually a good shape (if you're going to have curved ends at all). it's not the same as a typical aussie rules oval it's much closer in. i've also got a thing for curved ends, so i'm a fan. if you could just make it a little bigger so as to be properly safe for RL i'd be a happy boy.

Kelly_7
Bronze

Post by Kelly_7 »

It's looking great, i can't wait until we get back playing to what now will be called WIN Jubilee Oval. It looks abit odd to only have one side of the grandstand extended, hopefully will get the money for it to be extended the other way.

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

dibo wrote:
IanRitchie wrote:waaaaah, the wings and the seats behind the goals are too far away.
i think it is further away than ideal, but it's actually a good shape (if you're going to have curved ends at all). it's not the same as a typical aussie rules oval it's much closer in. i've also got a thing for curved ends, so i'm a fan. if you could just make it a little bigger so as to be properly safe for RL i'd be a happy boy.
i like it too, i was just bitching for the sake of it.
Last edited by IanRitchie on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.