Oki Jubilee Stadium

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

I'm waiting for the economic rationale behind this stadium so I can start going to the WA Government and get some of our under funded, falling a part stadiums some much needed redevelopment...

britishspud
Silver

Post by britishspud »

i'm bored again...so heres another

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Better late than never. Here are some photos from when the Jets played Cronulla there in March.

Below - Bluescope Steel, a Dragons favourite contributes to these corporate boxes at the back of the first tier of the main stand. These are relatively new additions to the stand.
Below - the second tier of the main stand is mostly reserved for sponsors.
Below - looking towards the Jubilee Ave goals.

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

Post by Cheesie-the-Pirate »

Stand up and applaud
BY BRAD FORREST
23/09/2008 9:17:00 AM
HERE is the reason why Wayne's Bennett's Dragons will be back playing six matches at OKI Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah, next year not to mention training there as well.

The Leader photograph shows the $7 million southern wing extension to the grandstand almost completed, despite the cost of steel going up by about $900 a tonne (to $2100) since work began five months ago.

As a result, the stage three redevelopment should be completed at the end of October, leading the Dragons to confirm yesterday the six Sydney home games returning to Kogarah for 2009.

The new curved grandstand extension backs on to Jubilee Avenue, provides lift access to all three levels of the extension, with much bigger corporate facilities, a 200-seat dinning room with reserved seating, a 400- seat function room with reserved seating, a renovated Legends Club and additional reserved grandstand seating for 1172 patrons.

All up, the extension lifts the stand capacity from 2269 to more than 4000 with undercover seating.

St George Football Club chairman Peter Black is delighted with the upgrades.

``It certainly is an impressive structure and I can't wait to see it and the whole ground full next year,'' said Black.

``It is remarkable what has been achieved at Kogarah Jubilee Oval since the steering committee was put in place and their master planning provides for more upgrades.''

A northern extension, however, relies on the approval of State Government funding and with the recent NSW Government upheaval, it may not receive the tick in time for work to begin this year.

Project co-ordinator Frank Bates said leagues club and Kogarah Council representatives praised the work by SX Projects in overcoming early setbacks after the process of removing contaminated soil 410 tonnes of soil removed in total and delays through inclement weather.

``We faced some difficulties early on, but we had allowed for that possibility within our time frame and everything is on schedule,'' said Bates.

During the coming weeks, roof sheeting will be affixed, mechanical ventilation, seating, electrical and hydraulics installed, and all fit-out elements of the project will be completed to lock-up stage by the end of October.

The Dragons said Red V membership and partnership packages would be available in early October.
http://stgeorge.yourguide.com.au/news/l ... 79849.aspx

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

That is excellent news. The number of extra seating and hospitality is also impressive. Only six game a year. It would be an ideal venue for NSWRL finals matches insead of me trekking to Campbelltown two weeks in a row! End personal rant.

Sydney Cricket Ground 12
Bronze

Post by Sydney Cricket Ground 12 »

Nice stadium and great photos

britishspud
Silver

Post by britishspud »

just the picture i need, thanks mate :D ..

give me an hour and i'll show you what i'd do with that bloody hill :lol:

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

I think some green is good to offeset the images of concrete jungles. Canberra Stadium does it well...

britishspud
Silver

Post by britishspud »

not perfect but hey you get the gist

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

nice job!

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

Post by Cheesie-the-Pirate »

After (if) the northern third of the grandstand is completed I'd like to see the southern side (from the edge of this new stand through to the SE corner of the playing field) developed with some sort of terrace, perhaps with some sort of canopy roof.

The entire eastern hill edge from the SE corner of the playing field to the NE corner ought remain available for something more substantial in the future, should the need arise. For the time being, the concourses and hill are doing the job with plenty of seating options available in the rest of the ground (particularly if the grandstand extension is finished and a southern terrace is built).

HoldenV8
Silver

Post by HoldenV8 »

I think they've made Oki Jubilee into a damn nice stadium. I can only hope that the proposed Brookvale is just as nice.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

britishspud wrote:not perfect but hey you get the gist

Where's the scoreboard going?

britishspud
Silver

Post by britishspud »

Jeffles wrote:
britishspud wrote:not perfect but hey you get the gist

Where's the scoreboard going?
at this end,behind the sticks,i've got it all worked out mate :wink:

i'm just working out what to put in that gap between the new extension and my stand ,i'm thinking a small stand with multiple rows of boxes above..

britishspud
Silver

Post by britishspud »

something like this