31,000 for MES

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
Egan
Platinum

Re: 31,000 for MES

Post by Egan »

Rob wrote:Cruised past today, noticed they've started installing green seats in the new stand behind the goals.

The structure seems to have been done on the cheap - it looks like a permanent scaffold. Think Metricon stadium in it's design. Which has allowed it to go up reasonably quickly. The part on the outer side still has a long way to go, but the other main part behind the goals looks pretty close to completion.
Lol, that was the reaction from someone who had a look at it as well. If southern end behind the goals is close to completion, would ease any capacity issues for glory. Saying that they haven't sold out this weeks match yet...

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Rob wrote:
Simmo79 wrote:which end?
Right of screen on TV. I couldn't see the shed end from where I was. They might be installing seats there as well.
Yeah, saw it on the telly this arvo. The stand at that end of the ground is coming along and the outer wing has been demolished. Shed End is mostly intact.

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

I like the AAMI Park seats!

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

It's a strange choice of colour - I guess it's about as neutral as you can get as no tenant club has anything close to green in it's colours. Probably the same reason they used green at AAMI Park as well.

Scott
Bronze

Post by Scott »

Are they adding a roof? I would want to be sitting there for afternoon game in Jan or Feb

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Is that what the Shed End will be like as well? If it is I can see the home end being allocated the bottom tier. The second tier's overhang would be pretty good accoustically

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

Scott wrote:Are they adding a roof? I would want to be sitting there for afternoon game in Jan or Feb
Doesn't look like it.

Although how dumb would you be to schedule afternoon games in a Perth summer? Wouldn't they all be night games, or at the very least twilight?