There is a snippet on the whole force forums, which has alleged that Tony Sage was speaking to one of his mates about the new stadium. And that 31,000 had been agreed to as a compromise...which highlights the article that I stated, that the Force would accept anything around the 30,000 mark when I did the interview with the CEO of Town of Vincent.
It seemed the Glory didn't want a 35,000 seat stadium, well Sage that is. This plan would mean that the Shed gets destroyed, the southern and eastern stands lose the temporary stands and stands flank up to the Fred D Book Stand which stays as it is. However the plans for the 32,000 seat facility had two minor stands on each side of the Fred D Book, with 31,000 I would suspect it is one stand.
It will be a top stadium and I won't complain about a 31,000 seat stadium...I would expect it also allows in the future for a World Cup bid for the western side to be expanded to a three tier monster stand.
NEWS on the stadium front...
Speaking to the new owner of the Glory on Wednesday night and he said that they are going ahead with the redevelopment of MES...
HOWEVER aparently it is only going to be 31,000 seats not the 35,000 that the Force wanted. This was a compromise between the 2 teams for the size of the venue. Aparently they are in negotiations with contractors for food and drink stuff and when that is all ironed out they are going to make the announcement. He did say that it was going to be April/June which conflicts a bit with what the Force membership guys and the Major Stadia Taskforce have said (they were saying March announcement).
Who knows what you can trust but he seemed genuine enough, he was just chatting with a friend of mine after Touch rugby and got to talking about it.